• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roadrunner projects

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
okay here we are in 2010 .....so what improvements are we going to do to our rides for the winter....anybody???...me...gear vendors overdrive

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Get a reman power steering box and replace seals in the power steering pump. Also, I need to do some more adjusting with the timing now that I've installed a Pertronix system and found a vacuum advance unit that works.

dobie

Reaction score
Paint and body was on the books. That got pushed back to at least April now.

V269

Reaction score
Install my new weather stripping around the windows and felts. Also bought a new heater core to put in. Get my headrests installed, I'd like to get a new radiator for it and look at my gas gauge issue. New gas shocks for the front and maybe a different carb. Mostly little jobs. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I need to change the front seal on the engine. Like to find a stock fan and loose the plastic one, maybe a bigger rad..Paint and body work aren't in the works for a while. Plan on putting some miles on it this summer.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Long list, parcially including new headliner, carpeting, and hopefully not repairing to much metal under it. Reluctantly spending $100 on a new correct chrome oil filler cap. Bit of advice needed here, what is the best way to find the seat belt holes after new carpet. I'm thinking about buying some bolts and grinding the heads to a point before the carpet goes in? Any better ideas?..Thanks if you have one.................HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (the older I get, the longer the hangover lasts).

zupanj

Reaction score
Rebuild brake master cylinder, MSD box and coil. Maybe rear springs and front t-bars.

Steve

Reaction score
Bought a new gas tank.Won't be fitting it till Spring though,the garage is bloody freezing.BTW how does the filler neck fit to the tank as I've not had a look yet.......like I said it's too cold!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Long list, parcially including new headliner, carpeting, and hopefully not repairing to much metal under it. Reluctantly spending $100 on a new correct chrome oil filler cap. Bit of advice needed here, what is the best way to find the seat belt holes after new carpet. I'm thinking about buying some bolts and grinding the heads to a point before the carpet goes in? Any better ideas?..Thanks if you have one.................HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! (the older I get, the longer the hangover lasts).

jim....i was thinking the same thing....grinding bolts to a point....good idea

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Steve said:
Bought a new gas tank.Won't be fitting it till Spring though,the garage is bloody freezing.BTW how does the filler neck fit to the tank as I've not had a look yet.......like I said it's too cold!
You need to order a filler neck grommet. Put the tank in, put the grommet on the tank, lube it and push the neck in :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can see a new muffler in Bambi's immediate future... :lol:

I don't see a lot of progress being made on the ole RR this year...gonna have to wrap up other projects first...and the economy isn't helping either... I'll just keep buying and stockpiling parts...

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I can see a new muffler in Bambi's immediate future... :lol:

I don't see a lot of progress being made on the ole RR this year...gonna have to wrap up other projects first...and the economy isn't helping either... I'll just keep buying and stockpiling parts...

ACME
I like a good puzzle, get all the parts and I'll come over :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I like a good puzzle, get all the parts and I'll come over :cheers:

Then you should come over right now; I'm headed out to the toy box to work on the 'bu...now that's a good puzzle... :lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
When I put my new carpet in I used an exacto knife to start the hole and then used a punch (an awl or ice pick works equally well) to punch holes in the carpet where the seat belt hold down bolt holes are. I did this as I laid the carpet. You can easily feel where the holes are as you lay the carpet down, unless you have lots of padding behind it. Of course, you could always crawl under the car after the carpet is installed and punch through from underneath.
The punch I used was about 3/16" or so in diameter. Once the hole is punched you could insert a plastic tie wrap through the hole so you can find it later or if the hole is big enough you could use a small bolt for reference.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Jim S. said:
When I put my new carpet in I used an exacto knife to start the hole and then used a punch (an awl or ice pick works equally well) to punch holes in the carpet where the seat belt hold down bolt holes are. I did this as I laid the carpet. You can easily feel where the holes are as you lay the carpet down, unless you have lots of padding behind it. Of course, you could always crawl under the car after the carpet is installed and punch through from underneath.
The punch I used was about 3/16" or so in diameter. Once the hole is punched you could insert a plastic tie wrap through the hole so you can find it later or if the hole is big enough you could use a small bolt for reference.
I used awls and Ice picks from underneath except the ones at the doors of coarse then followed them down with a soldering iron. I seals the carpet as you go. It makes a mess of your iron.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping to redo front suspension and all the brakes on my coupe, money and time is very tight that my car stuff has really been on hold for much too long and I aim to change that this year.

BBillyC

Reaction score
New sure grip differntial (the current is an open dif with 3.91's), touch up a couple of spots on the new paint from last year, clean-up-straighten and remount the front and rear window mouldings, paint the stripes on the hood, paint the black and metalic sections on the grill, need a new distributor, new rocker arms as the old ones are real noisy with the new cam and lifters.

If I get brave I'll....put stronger leaf springs on it, an air grabber but I don't know if it will fit with the dual plane wieand manifold and the 750 DP.

For the following year an upgrade front end such as an alterkation type fabrication with discs.

I just put in new carpet so the best way to install the seats is to pole a hole through it from the underside and cut an "X" in it then trim the little sections off the middle of the X and seat slides right in. I put some glue in between the floor and the carpet to seal it.

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Two projects so far underway.

1) swap out open 3.23 gears for a Sure Grip 3.91, Everything went fine till I tried to mount the drive shaft and found out that two of the threaded holes in the yoke were stripped so no I need to do a yoke swap.

2) Engine clean up and some mods: New intake, Upgrade to MP ignition, General clean up, and paint for the block. Id like to get rid of the Chevy treatment, but no plans at this point to pull the block, so I will probably just freshen up the black. This was going fine too until the last exhaust manifod stud to come out near the #7 Piston decided to break off in the head, so now looks like im going to be pulling the head(s) as well.....

Some pics for your enjoyment......

Back