• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Arms

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So Bob's question about rocker arms in Barry's roller cam thread got me thinking about this. I haven't bought rockers yet for the new 440-6 destined for Bambi so I have been looking around. Found these for less than $500. Looks like a nice set, and a very complete kit. Chris, what do you think?

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/prod ... rtid=24531

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Since when did you guys become so shy...???!!! :lmao:

I'm really digging those Hughes rockers. They even come with the shims to correct the geometry. What I don't know is what will have to be done to make the stock valve covers work, which is a non-negotiable part of this deal. I'll probably just give them a call on Monday. Anyone ever see anyone post anything about these in another forum?

The HS page flat out tells you that you're good up to .500" lift IF you remove the baffles. I will be just over this, so if I bought these it would be trim/remove the baffles and use some thicker valve cover gaskets.

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have a set of Harlands on both of my AMCs But I like what I read on the Hughs for mopars. Valve covers, not an issue on this car :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
Valve covers, not an issue on this car :D

Okay, I don't get it...I'm missing something... :huh:
I don't have to worry about looking stock on this project. :jester:

Oh, oh, oh!!! The Straight Axle Valiant project! Got it now! Didn't pick up on the change of autos being addressed; I was still yakking away on Bambilicious... :blah: :blah: :blah:

Yeah, no doubt. You interested the the finned aluminum M/Ts currently on Bambi to add to the retro-look? They will go great with the Moon tank in the grill... :lol: :pot: :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I had a set of M/Ts get away from me locally, by the time I got to the guys house he sold everything he had to another guy, thank you very much. :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I had a set of M/Ts get away from me locally, by the time I got to the guys house he sold everything he had to another guy, thank you very much. :toetap:

Well, I may have been teasing you about the straight axle and Moon tank, but I was serious about the M/Ts. They were on the car when I bought it and I am not going to use them as you know. I'm sure some horse-trading can be done...got a nice water pump housing with a 2780987 casting number on it??? :popcorn:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Well, I may have been teasing you about the straight axle and Moon tank, but I was serious about the M/Ts. They were on the car when I bought it and I am not going to use them as you know. I'm sure some horse-trading can be done...got a nice water pump housing with a 2780987 casting number on it??? :popcorn:

I gots 3 let me check #s.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have a nice one, how are you going to sweeten the deal? now I have to go aluminum, delivery? :popcorn: :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I have a nice one, how are you going to sweeten the deal? now I have to go aluminum, delivery? :popcorn: :D

Cool. One less thing to look for. :thumbsup:

Now you have to go aluminum what?

Do you still have that old set of 440 valve covers? I'm gonna need something to replace the M/Ts...depending upon how soon you want them... I'm not putting my good set of 440HP valve covers that I got from JJ on that old 440 thats in there now...

We'll figure something out on how to make the swap. Delivery won't be an issue. :cool:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Cool. One less thing to look for. :thumbsup:

Now you have to go aluminum what?

Do you still have that old set of 440 valve covers? I'm gonna need something to replace the M/Ts...depending upon how soon you want them... I'm not putting my good set of 440HP valve covers that I got from JJ on that old 440 thats in there now...

We'll figure something out on how to make the swap. Delivery won't be an issue. :cool:

Not that I'm a hoarder :acme: but I think I acquired another set of factory valve covers in my dealings :lol: Answer to your question "Now you have to go aluminum what?" My other pumps housings are left side truck so I may as well lighten things up since this one is going to make bambi a better girl!

moparchris

Reaction score
YO!! I call a three way. I send my chromeys to Ray, Ray sends his M/Ts to Bob, and Bob sends me the correct 440 VCs to me. Done!!

I like the Hughes being made in the USA but I dont know how the quality of Hughes products usally is. Price is right for sure. :cheers:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
YO!! I call a three way. I send my chromeys to Ray, Ray sends his M/Ts to Bob, and Bob sends me the correct 440 VCs to me. Done!!

I like the Hughes being made in the USA but I dont know how the quality of Hughes products usally is. Price is right for sure. :cheers:

As long as I get the water pump housing and something to keep oil from splashing all over Bambi's engine bay while the '70 440 is in there I'm good with whatever deal you guys want to do... :D

I'm seriously leaning toward the Hughes rockers at this point... :yesnod:
Gonna call them Monday...

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

As long as I get the water pump housing and something to keep oil from splashing all over Bambi's engine bay while the '70 440 is in there I'm good with whatever deal you guys want to do... :D

I'm seriously leaning toward the Hughes rockers at this point... :yesnod:
Gonna call them Monday...
Lets pm or call each other its getting deep :yesnod:

Back