• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rubber mat

1968 man

Reaction score
Why would the factory ever put a rubber mat in a Hemi car ???? It is a pain in the ass if it’s not 100 degrees out side to install. Gee!!!! 893988D9-D3E9-4859-A80D-7AE03E73592E.jpeg9036429B-7CEE-4AB5-A454-54335BE858BD.jpeg

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Cheap !! Or at least they thought and the work vehicle I drive has rubber mat and its actually easier to keep clean , at least i think so

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I didn't know you could still get the rubber mat. They were trying to keep the entry level cost of the car down but if you could afford a Hemi why not carpet LOL

1968 man

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, since I’ve done flooring all my life my buddy volunteered me to install it. That stuff is stiff. Might have to have a good hot day to relax it a little.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
I didn't know you could still get the rubber mat. They were trying to keep the entry level cost of the car down but if you could afford a Hemi why not carpet LOL
My work vehicle is 2017 Dodge Charger Police package equipped with the 5.7 Hemi, handles pretty good, could either use more HP or the computer limitations removed

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You better get with the program buddy your job might be on the line. Not really 1968 man some thing's just take time. Like perfection.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think I am putting carpet in mine. It is harder to clean. My big truck has the rubber flooring in it. My ranger has carpet. Just wash the big truck floor is easy and the carpet is a pain to vacuum. Hope it all goes well for you. Just take your time and it will go well. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That's ok my nick name is rusty runner. But hope to out live that now that the car is all cleaned up and painted. Could not tell you what this car had for the floor cover. It was stripped of every thing in side. Just a back seat two bucket seat with a shifter and the dash with steering wheel. No trim No door panels. This is a 383 car. But if their was any indication that it had carpet it was gone.

1968 man

Reaction score
It is #s matching so it has to go back that way because of it being a Hemi car. Not to sure about sticking a hose to it though, no where for the water to go but under neath. Lol

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I'm confused because I did not know rubber mat was reproduced or is this the original?
ACC does make a vinyl which I have installed.
It is heavier than anything originally put in them by Chrysler and is very hard to install.
I've done that and it was worth the effort.
It is a very nice flooring. Better than carpet IMO if originality is not a concern.

(A Bodies from the 70s did have a faux carpet vinyl flooring available. But it was thinner. )

1968 man

Reaction score
Very hard to install indeed. What a job and it is thicker than the original I think. It is a reproduction mat and it was hard to find, I will have to look tomorrow to see where it came from.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I'm certainly wondering if you have the vinyl from Auto Custom Carpet.
They make quality stuff and are very helpful.
The texture in the picture even looks like it.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Why is every thing a struggle on these car's. What we think would be a simple task turns into the JOB FROM HELL!!!!!!!

Back