• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saying 'Hi' from NYC but also have a question.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll take a look at that Satellite and I guess depending on how much it impresses me I'll make my decision as to whether to go for it or not. He wants 7K for it but I figure I can at least talk him down to 6-6 and a half. But I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Saving roughly 13K just for a VIN number does seem tempting but I really want to see what else is available in the Northeast area. Worse case scenario I'll wait until the All Chrysler meet in Carlisle next year but I'm still keeping an open mind to all candidates and suggestions.

Acme: I'll see if I can get in touch with that dealership on ebay to see what they say. There's a reserve on the vehicle and I want to know what it is. Ohio is a little out there but if I like what I hear I'll fly out there and check it out. Thanks for the link!

Once again, a big 'thank you' to everybody that took the time out to give me your input. I wouldn't have made the decision to purchase another Mopar if it wasn't for this site.

On a side note, the '68 Charger will be getting all of its chrome replaced soon. Hopefully I'll have some pics of that for you guys if you guys are interested.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
American Muscle said:
On a side note, the '68 Charger will be getting all of its chrome replaced soon. Hopefully I'll have some pics of that for you guys if you guys are interested.

Of course we're interested...we're car guys... :drive:

:jester:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="American Muscle":3qc616m4]On a side note, the '68 Charger will be getting all of its chrome replaced soon. Hopefully I'll have some pics of that for you guys if you guys are interested.

:jester:[/quote:3qc616m4]
We love pics...........

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I've been noticing plenty of good cars on Moparts for 10K or less.

I would go look at the vert for about the same money as that Sat, the very is on this site. It has been for sale for quite awhile though. I find that kinda strange but it will be a real cool silver vert when done.

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Hey A.M.:

here's one that you should look at...looks like it might be in your price range...and very nice...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth ... C72%3A1171

ACME
man i think one of you old guys ( old lady ) got ahold of that car and put the living room plastic covers on everything :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot: :pot:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="American Muscle":1ikcku9c]On a side note, the '68 Charger will be getting all of its chrome replaced soon. Hopefully I'll have some pics of that for you guys if you guys are interested.

:jester:[/quote:1ikcku9c]

please do!

Reaction score
I guess I have no choice but to get those pics then, huh? :yesnod:

somecarguy: do you have a link to moparts? When I put a search on it, it seems to be an online mopar performance parts site. Thanks!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
American Muscle said:
I guess I have no choice but to get those pics then, huh? :yesnod:

somecarguy: do you have a link to moparts? When I put a search on it, it seems to be an online mopar performance parts site. Thanks!
Just go to www.moparts.com. If you think there are some interesting characters here, wait till you see some of what's over there!

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
There is a RR in NJ on moparts for 9800. IIRC it meets most of your equipment desires. Condition- who knows?

Moparts can be a strange animal. For some reason I end up having beefs with people there, but not here or any other site. I remember one guy that got bent out of shape when I answered his question about whether or not his 440 auto should idle in gear. WTF buddy, you asked and I answered :crazy: Some people are just plain nuts. All in all it is a good site, but if you take it too seriously you will get hurt feelings.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
There is a RR in NJ on moparts for 9800. IIRC it meets most of your equipment desires. Condition- who knows?

Moparts can be a strange animal. For some reason I end up having beefs with people there, but not here or any other site. I remember one guy that got bent out of shape when I answered his question about whether or not his 440 auto should idle in gear. WTF buddy, you asked and I answered :crazy: Some people are just plain nuts. All in all it is a good site, but if you take it too seriously you will get hurt feelings.

This forum is meant not to be too serious. :jester:

We're more like a bunch of guys sitting around and talking about cars and life.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Moparts can be a strange animal. For some reason I end up having beefs with people there, but not here or any other site.

Those two simple sentences convey everything and yet almost nothing about the essence of moparts - and by that I mean explicitly that your thoughts cover what moparts is and how it usually functions in its entirety, and yet that is still only the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

Almost without fail if you read a thread that has more than half a dozen posts somebody will have managed to get their panties bunched about something, or will have rebuked someone for some perceived slight, error, or misstep...AND GOD FORBID YOU POST ANYTHING CONTROVERSIAL ABOUT ONE OF THEIR SPONSORS/ADVERTISERS...Can you say "Hello, forced vacation time"...? :leave:

Okay, anyone not clear on my :cents:?
:lol:

Just makes me all the more appreciative of this forum. As always, thank-you Big John! :cheers:

ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and some of the guys over there just get anal when you dare to ask a question that has already been asked.

glhcarl

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
and some of the guys over there just get anal when you dare to ask a question that has already been asked.
Some guy on Moparts asked a question about finned rear brake drums, so I get my camera crawl under my car take several pictures of my brake drums and posted the best picture. Then some jerk says "how do you know your car is orginial have you owned it since it was new, someone could have changed the brake drums".

My RR has 62,000 miles like rear brake drums would need replacing, I bet the original shoes are still there?

69rrvert

Reaction score
droptop said:
Welcome American Muscle :cheers: In '69 the vin was also stamped on the engine and trans. So if you are looking for a numbers matching car, look for this as well. And, RM27 is the BEST of all!!

Welcome to the board AM. I have not been around much lately, but I have to agree with droptop. The RM27 code is the way to go. The RM21's and RM23's are a dime a dozen :D . You may also take a look at the "Y" paint codes too :thumbsup: . Thanks - 69rrvert

Back