• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shadowtrain 1969 RR Calgary AB Canada

mcmopar

Reaction score
Is it A/C equipped? If so, the engine will be turquoise as you have stated. All A/C equipped cars (according to sources) had turquoise engines that were rated at 330 horepower (4 bbl Sport Satellite engine). Non-A/C cars with 383's were rated at 335 hp and were painted orange.

shadowtrain

Reaction score
That's the thing folks...my engine is blue, non A/C car!!! It had been painted orange after a rebuild in the early 80's according to the original owner (I'm second owner) and he was quite upset by that. He bought the car as a dealership demo from the dealership he worked at for over 30 years. The engine was blue.

When I had the engine rebuilt earlier this year, there is evidence on places like the the spacer on the alternator, on the water/frost plugs on the block, on the rear on the block where the tranny bolts on to it, on the valve covers, of the original blue paint.

Like the Who said, "I can't explain!!"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mopars are widely known to have many examples of things that aren't supposed to be.

shadowtrain

Reaction score
Definitely a big job, and like any resto or reno, I got the "might as well" disease! Because I knew the original owner and am certain of its lineage, I figured I'd tackle it. There are not that many Canadian shipped and sold 69 Roadrunners left up here and the ones that are around are already restored, or are cloned. This car "spoke" to me. I will enjoy it for another 45 years good lord willing.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just to remove all doubt, is your cars VIN stamped on the block and what date is cast into the block. Sometimes they ran out of stuff and substituted also. BTW nice work!

Back