Shoulder belts

Jim S.

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of what the "C13" shoulder belt option looks like. I only have the front clips on mine and no belts. Hopefully I plan on replacing the headliner this summer, (if summer ever comes).

BBillyC

Reaction score
If I can get mine out of storage today I will take a photo of it for you. Right now the storage guy isn't answering the phone.

Jim S.

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
If I can get mine out of storage today I will take a photo of it for you. Right now the storage guy isn't answering the phone.
Thanks, appreciate it, no rush, just getting ready for the summer projects. :thumbsup:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I have a '68 and have been thinking about installing factory shoulder belts.
Did all cars have the "welded nut / mounting" to mount these?
I know after January 1968, shoulder belts were mandatory, problem is, my car was born in November 1967.

I don't plan on wrecking my car anytime soon,
but I gotta say those lap belts make me uneasy (after owning the car and driving it since 1993) :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Does anyone have a pic of what the "C13" shoulder belt option looks like. I only have the front clips on mine and no belts. Hopefully I plan on replacing the headliner this summer, (if summer ever comes).
They were mandatory after Jan 1st. Can't post the pic the board is full

Jim S.

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
They were mandatory after Jan 1st. Can't post the pic the board is full
Thanks, that will help. Already got the pic saved to the "things I don't know about Mopars" folder.......

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
any car I've replaced the headliner in, I've left the shoulder straps out. PIA IMHO, and looks better without them.

Jim S.

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
any car I've replaced the headliner in, I've left the shoulder straps out. PIA IMHO, and looks better without them.
plus the elastic always wears out fast and they sag sag sag
You guys are scaring me now. Once I pop the holes in the headliner, its too late. Didn't GLH Carl have a fix for the sagging issue? I will have to dig through the archives.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
plus the elastic always wears out fast and they sag sag sag
You guys are scaring me now. Once I pop the holes in the headliner, its too late. Didn't GLH Carl have a fix for sagging issue? I will have to dig through the archives.
I bought 1 inch wide elastic took my belts to an upholstery shop and told them I needed it to stretch to 9". and $20 bucks later all fixed he even put new snaps in.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I took mine out also. Whoever replaced the interior in my car didn't reinstall the attachment plates that the shoulder belt would hook to. They only reinstalled the ones for the lap belts. My shoulder belts were sagging a bit and since I always wear hats, they would often catch on the belt while getting in or out of the car, so since there was no place to hook them to, they came out!

BBillyC

Reaction score
I just wear the lap belt but to get rid of the sagging I pull the belt tight and have a fastener to click the loose end to then I wrap wrap the loose end with a piece of black velcro to hold it all together. Looks great, no sags, nice and tight. I am wondering why they put that piece of elastic in in the first place??? One could have a piece sewn up by an upholstery shop to make it look like the original I guess.

Back