• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slot mags history / opinion / discuss

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
htNever a big fan of the Keystones. Don't hate 'em - who could, S&M ran them back in the day - but have never been a huge fan.
x2

I had a set of SS/Ts on my '78 screaming chicken. I thought they looked good on that body style.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
http://centerlinewheels.com/view_wheels_detail.php?sw_id=946
What do you think?

I like 'em...remind me a lot of the Mickey Thompson HR-2...but different in the center...

sam z

Reaction score
Stoner mags....never heard that one.

I have cragars now, they're ok, but I prefer cop car wheels or the stoner mags right now I think.

I also like the black sidewalls on cars. I shouldn't generalize. I think it depends on the car and wheel
for me. The car that hooked me on red rr's was a '68 that was around here a while ago. It was R6 with
weld drag lites and black walls. Looked great. It better, like I said that was the one that got me
hooked on red rr's. The car just had an awesome stance with the way it was set up. All red too, no
black hood patch.

When I go to a place like Carlisle and see all the nice b-bodies of this generation there are a lot
of them that have a lot of tire stuffed up underneath them with black walls and they look
tough.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
I know that I'm going to get for this, but Cragar SS's are last on my list. Not a fan at all, however the SS/T's (totally different wheel I know) on the right vehicle, I love. Centerline has a new wheel called the CRS1 that I'm kind of diggin'.

Oooooh. CSW Green hiding under Mustard Yellow RR Lovers will not be pleased with this post... :lol:

somebody say something :huh:

I'd give vital parts of my anatomy for another set of Cragar SS
Love slots, had 15x10s on my '73 road runner and my '68 Charger.

droptop

Reaction score
Here is an old picture of my '68 GTS with slots and RWL tires. Matt was 3 and helping me wash the car, and both of us... :lmao: If there was ever one single car that I wish that I had never gotten rid of, this is it. 340 4 speed 3.55...that car ROCKED!!!!

Knucklemoe

Reaction score
In 79 I had slots but they were unilug and every 2 months I was replacing lug nuts and studs, it would shear them right off. Never lost a tire but came close with only 2 studs left on the front tire!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Knucklemoe said:
In 79 I had slots but they were unilug and every 2 months I was replacing lug nuts and studs, it would shear them right off. Never lost a tire but came close with only 2 studs left on the front tire!

Welcome aboard, Knucklemoe. Why don't you pop in on the introductions section and start a thread telling us about yourself and your car(s). Enjoy the site!

:jester:
ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Knucklemoe said:

welcome to the site! pop up to the intro section and tell us about you and yours.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Here's the car I wish I never sold... complete with slots....

About 1979 or 80... Just had to post it again....

They get my vote!

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Any idea if the front wheels on this are magnesium. They are super light. And still looking good in the crawl space.

Car is gone but some parts remain!!!

And I miss this old thumpy thing.

It was a V code 70 Coronet R/T and some cash or this. I liked silver at the time.

If the Coronet was any other color but that rusty brown (k-5?) I would have dug deeper in my pocket.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Any idea if the front wheels on this are magnesium. They are super light. And still looking good in the crawl space.

Car is gone but some parts remain!!!

And I miss this old thumpy thing.

It was a V code 70 Coronet R/T and some cash or this. I liked silver at the time.

If the Coronet was any other color but that rusty brown (k-5?) I would have dug deeper in my pocket.

Do I spy a '69 H/O? Neat cars! The mirrors on those cars are supposedly unique to them and the S/C Ramblers. A Rambler guy told me that a nice one trades for about $1,500 because they are so rare... :eek:

I love '70 Bees & R/Ts. Evil looking front end...

moparchris

Reaction score
This thread has gome soooo right. Love the pics of the Coronets (love those 70's) and the Hurst H/O is on my bucket list. Oh and by the way, back in the day I would have rather stuck my arm in a wood chipper than look at another set of stoner mags. However, after seeing the 68 with the right tire and stance I may just rather look at them than have my arm chipped off.

A31PKG

Reaction score
[/quote] x2 :thumbsup:why did you sell it Craig?[/quote]

I was young and poor....

I paid $600 bucks for it the way it sits in the pic, but not running. Got it all dialed in, but needed cash, so I sold it for $1800.
Only had her for a couple years. Here's another for all you lovers of old Kodak MOPAR pics....

Incidentally the front rims were 15x7 with G70's, and the rears were 15x10 with L50's.... Ever heard of an L50?

It was a wierd size, but looked awesome in the fenderwell. Alluminum slots belonged on this car for sure... Wish I had taken more pics of it...

BTW always loved the H/O's and 442's...

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Ever heard of an L50?

Oh yeah, I know I have. When I was a teenager on Okinawa there was a '66 L79 Nova running around that had Lee Manhandler L50's on the back of it. He also had a set of Gabriel HiJackers to garner the necessary clearance and a set of fender flares that looked like something off of a van to cover up the otherwise exposed tire tread... :basketcase:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah I had a set of L60s on 15x10 slots on my '68 Charger. there was a '71 Challenger that had N50s on slots before it got restored back to stock.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Don't forget to mention the scuff marks to the outside of the tread that used to happen.

Get on it and it sounded like a dog was in the trunk!

Ask me how I know. Wasn't me but the same buddy who put a big honking carb on a car and said. Cam I don't need no stinkin' cam!

I think he is still missing his eyebrows 34 years later. Thought he'd adjust the carb and the carb did not want any part of that little cam.

Next to my brother taking his boots off when his electric socks shorted it was the funniest moment in my life.

Back