• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, how much have....

Roadcuda

Reaction score
you driven your birds this year. I got thinking about it today and mainly because of the drive to Carlisle, 650 miles, I've put almost 1600 miles on my car so far. That is by far the most I've put on the car in one year in the 7 years that I've had it. So how 'bout you guys?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I usally do at leat 3000. I change oil at that mark,and I did one this spring, and it's due for one now. I'll do that when I get it back.

V269

Reaction score
Not sure of the miles I've put on but I go to cruise night twice a week if I can. Probably drove it more this year than last. :beep:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not as many as I would like; the old 18-spline needs to be rebuilt and I have purposely reduced the amount of driving so as to not damage anything beyond repair...

I was gonna wait until I pulled it apart for paint...which I expected to be this past spring...so I may change my thoughts on this as the schedule has slid to the right... :leave:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive put a few on her but the prime season is coming up, I'm sure you will hear about it :snowball:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Do you need a break down for each bird, or a total? :lol:
No, I don't need a total!!! :jester: Besides, I know that the only way your cars gets any miles put on it is when you move it on a trailer!!!!!! :pot:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Only about four hundred miles, unfortunately. Been working six days a week outta Stamford, so between the o.t. and long commute, cruise time has been a rare commodity. Sucks man.
:brickwall:
That is a haul for you Marty! And I know how much traffic is on the roads you must be using!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ive put a few on her but the prime season is coming up, I'm sure you will hear about it :snowball:
Yeah, I knew that for some of you the season is just starting with the seasons changing.

droptop

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
droptop said:
Do you need a break down for each bird, or a total? :lol:
No, I don't need a total!!! :jester: Besides, I know that the only way your cars gets any miles put on it is when you move it on a trailer!!!!!! :pot:

We actually drove the '71 a lot this year. We went to Somerset Ky. on Memorial Day weekend. (500 miles) I even did 2 days of the Hot Rod Power Tour. (500 miles) We were going to drive this weekend to Indy for the Fall Ball, but decided to trailer at the last minute due to the weather. Good thing we did because there was a hail storm Friday evening.

hail.jpg

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
Only about four hundred miles, unfortunately. Been working six days a week outta Stamford, so between the o.t. and long commute, cruise time has been a rare commodity. Sucks man.
That is a haul for you Marty! And I know how much traffic is on the roads you must be using!
I avoid interstate 95 at all costs Steve.I take the backroads through Pound Ridge. Still an hour ride anyway you go.

Jim S.

Reaction score
This is embarrassing Steve. I am just to the point where I have to gas up again for winter. It will be the first time hitting the pumps all summer so, maybe a 100 miles or so. But hey, no water spots or bird poop. I give you credit for driving these great cars as much as you do. When I die, I want my car trailered to the funeral (enclosed of course). :lol: Seriously, I do have to drive it more. Otherwise what is the point of all the work and owning it. :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Not as many as I would like; the old 18-spline needs to be rebuilt and I have purposely reduced the amount of driving so as to not damage anything beyond repair...

I was gonna wait until I pulled it apart for paint...which I expected to be this past spring...so I may change my thoughts on this as the schedule has slid to the right since I've been pretending to be Steve McQueen in my new Blue Oval....:leave:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Roadcuda said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
I avoid interstate 95 at all costs Steve.I take the backroads through Pound Ridge. Still an hour ride anyway you go.
I know what you mean about 95 Marty. A big reason I quit driving trucks every day was because I got tired of fighting the traffic on that road most every day of the week! :brickwall:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
This is embarrassing Steve. I am just to the point where I have to gas up again for winter. It will be the first time hitting the pumps all summer so, maybe a 100 miles or so. But hey, no water spots or bird poop. I give you credit for driving these great cars as much as you do. When I die, I want my car trailered to the funeral (enclosed of course). :lol: Seriously, I do have to drive it more. Otherwise what is the point of all the work and owning it. :yesnod:
Don't be embarrassed Jim. I know there are a lot things that can get in the way of us being able to enjoy drivings our cars as much as we like. A friend of mine still hasn't been able to get his '68 bird out to drive it and has put only a few hundred miles on his '72 Dart. It's not that he doesn't want to drive them, it's just that there are many other things that get in the way of having any time to drive them.

Back