• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So she's alive. Won't be long. I HOPE.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
almost? friggin beautiful the way it is :drool: (for a blue car that is...)

challengergary

Reaction score
Still got a few things to work out for John - need to install a new parking brake cable once it arrives, need to remove and re-lube the speedometer cable, still have to install the sun visors and spare tire. Plus, to replace the rear yoke u-joint straps with the girdle setup he got from Summit.

He took her home today for a little show off time tonight at his Halloween Party. Hope it's a big hit :)

JJRJR

Reaction score
challengergary said:
Still got a few things to work out for John - need to install a new parking brake cable once it arrives, need to remove and re-lube the speedometer cable, still have to install the sun visors and spare tire. Plus, to replace the rear yoke u-joint straps with the girdle setup he got from Summit.

He took her home today for a little show off time tonight at his Halloween Party. Hope it's a big hit :)

WOW, now I know what Torque means. LOL. 30 miles on the highway, she did NOT like it. Screaming at 3500 RPM with those 391, she is surely an "around town" car. Lots of looks and thumbs up from others, feels good. Some detail tweaks here and there and I think we're cooking. Let my buddy Jim drive her, I'm pretty sure he needed a new pair of boxers after he hit it hard. She doesn't like 20 MPH that's for sure, she wants to go. Love it. Looks nice in the garage!! Nice work Gary.

JJRJR

Reaction score
challengergary said:
Take some pics of her in the Man Cave!

Per your request: In the CAVE. If I didn't knock that wall down, it would have never fit. She's tight. :)

6cave.jpg

5cave.jpg

4cave.jpg

3cave.jpg

2cave.jpg

1cave.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Now you need to get items like TVs off the shelf that might land on the car :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:basketcase: yeah those TVs sure don't like the blue cars.
my first '69 had 3.91s. lotta fun, but didn't like the highway. the last one had 3.55s. still lotta fun and good on the highway. cruised at 70 all day.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
my first '69 had 3.91s. lotta fun, but didn't like the highway. the last one had 3.55s. still lotta fun and good on the highway. cruised at 70 all day.
My car came with 3.91s, and that thing screamed goin down the road. so since I wanted to be able to cruise with it and didn't really plan to race it I got them out pretty quick and swapped in a set of 3.23s. It's quick enough for me!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
my roadrunner came with 4.88s......it was awesome driving driving back and forth to the mailbox.....took my brother for a ride and he asked me when i was going to shift out of 1st gear....told him i was in 4th.....forgetaboutit :groucho: :groucho: :groucho:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:
My car came with 3.91s, and that thing screamed goin down the road. so since I wanted to be able to cruise with it and didn't really plan to race it I got them out pretty quick and swapped in a set of 3.23s. It's quick enough for me!

Do you still have the 3.91 chunk? If so, are you willing to part with it?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
3.91s are highway gears for me, just about everything I own has 4.56s. :lol:
But your highways move at 2mph most of the time :lol: I put 4.88s in my first hemi car and loved it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Roadcuda said:
Basketcase said:

Do you still have the 3.91 chunk? If so, are you willing to part with it?
Sorry John, those are long gone. They were spoken for as soon as they were out of the car!

V269

Reaction score
3.91's in my car with a 4-speed and just love it !! Love the way it pull's when you go by some one on the road. No need to down shift this baby. :thumbsup:

Back