• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some input please

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Need some input. The 440 Valiant project has a little problem. The M/T valve covers don't allow enough clearance for the blower motor for the heat and A/C. I don't want to loose the factory unit so I'm told the stock valve covers will work. So what color should I go with on the valve covers and not look bad, engine color or try to dress it up some way

DSCN5574 (640x480).jpg

Bee Keeper

Reaction score
Stock valve covers usually look best painted the same color as the engine, but you could have them chromed to make 'em pop.

Steve

Reaction score
Shame about the M/T covers.Engine colour Bob,otherwise every car show you'll be explaining why they're not.

b-star69

Reaction score
hey could you trim the fins just at your heat/ac area? wouldn't you gain about 1/2"? saw Stacy David trim them on TV.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Bob, I think I have 3 or 4 sets of chrome valve covers.....you can have 'em all if you want. Maybe you can pick & choose/modify etc.... PM me....

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
How close are they?

The 64 max wedge superstock cars used an aluminum spacer between the K-frame and the frame rail. Just enough for hood clearance. A 3/8" spacer could raise the body (or lower the motor) just enough.

Just a random thought.....

peresvet24

Reaction score
chrome valve covers harmonious look with pump cooling system and intake:thumbsup: but if you want to change the color, I think the cover also need other color

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
How close are they?

The 64 max wedge superstock cars used an aluminum spacer between the K-frame and the frame rail. Just enough for hood clearance. A 3/8" spacer could raise the body (or lower the motor) just enough.

Just a random thought.....
I'll keep that one in mind. It also depends on my trans mount. I'm going to try and get the engine bay in paint so I can put it in and work around it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
HOW MUCH ROOM DO YOU NEED?WILL THE ENGINE BOLT IN WITH OUT A VAVLE COVER ?U CAN PUT SPACERS UNDER THE k-FRAME TO A POINT.

The M/T Covers would come close to fitting if the fins came off but the breather is to far back on the cover to clear. But then with out a breather being there if I were to have to remove the cover the K-frame would have to be dropped.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Think a set of original factory covers would give you a better fit than those M/T covers. Classic Industries are selling brand new unpainted.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I'll take the M/T's back if they won't work. Give you some $ or trade ya something else for the WP housing.

Damned shame. They look good on there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well, I'll take the M/T's back if they won't work. Give you some $ or trade ya something else for the WP housing.

Damned shame. They look good on there.

I think they will be just fine on Julia's car

mcmopar

Reaction score
What rocker arms are you using? If aftermarket you may have clearance issues with the inner baffles on the stock valve covers. You might need to remove/modify the baffles.

Back