• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spark plug wire holder locations

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
Could I trouble anyone for a few pics of the stock locations? I have tried to find some pictures online but can't get enough detail to know for sure which bolts hold which. This is for a 68 383 car by the way, but I'm sure 69 would get me close enough if they're not the same. None of the birds I've found at local car shows have stock engines. So they've been no help, and I've not been able to break away from work long enough to hit a big show. Thanks in advance.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Google "Hoffmans Winners Circle"... Todd Hoffman makes all the the hardware that is sold by most vendors. He has detailed location pics on his website.... Here are a couple pics of my last build, hard to see, but hope they help...

engine going back together (31).jpg

engine going back together (36).jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
I see no heat riser valve. Did you have to have the manifolds modified? Or are they different for 69? Oh and thanks for the tip.

I installed intake gaskets with the cross-over blocked off to minimize heat under the carb. As such, the thermostatic heat-riser was not needed (not to mention, the head pipes had a crossover). I removed the shaft and drilled the hole to accomodate a 9/16" tap, tapped the hole about 3/4 of the way through, and installed a hardened steel bolt until it wedged itself into position, then ground the ends flush. This was not a 100 point restoration, although I lean "purist", I like to drive 'em!

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
I installed intake gaskets with the cross-over blocked off to minimize heat under the carb. As such, the thermostatic heat-riser was not needed (not to mention, the head pipes had a crossover). I removed the shaft and drilled the hole to accomodate a 9/16" tap, tapped the hole about 3/4 of the way through, and installed a hardened steel bolt until it wedged itself into position, then ground the ends flush. This was not a 100 point restoration, although I lean "purist", I like to drive 'em!

I too have removed mine, but didn't think about the intake gasket. Could you tell what gasket you used and where you got it?

Back