• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

speedo pinion

BBillyC

Reaction score
With the 4.10 gears and the 29" diameter tires I am going with a 38 tooth speedo pinion. I've never put one in before. Is there anything else I need to replace along with it. thanks B

dobie

Reaction score
Not that I know of. Some one else can offer more help though im sure. I just picked up a 36 tooth myself for my 3.91's.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Based on the tooth count, the gear is indexed by rotating the cable mounting flange to the appropriate marked position on the trans tailshaft housing. Consult page 21-5 in the SM for details. No, you shouldn't need anything else.

BBillyC

Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Still waiting on the Moser axles and won't cut anything until I have all of the parts.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I don't remember if your car is a 4-speed or an auto. But if it is an auto make sure you have a pan under the speedo housing when you pull it out to catch the fluid that will drain out. DAMHIK :lol:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I don't remember if your car is a 4-speed or an auto. But if it is an auto make sure you have a pan under the speedo housing when you pull it out to catch the fluid that will drain out. DAMHIK :lol:

And jack the back up higher then the front to keep the fluid in the trans.

Back