• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Splash Shields

chapdog105

Reaction score
Am I missing anything here?

Obviously I'm in the middle over a complete restoration. I know I need fender splash shields but don't want to miss anything.
Here's what I'm about to order...

66-70 B Body Fender Splash Shield (Both Sides) $179

Fender Splash Shield Upper Seals $35 each = $70

Bolt Kit $29

Side Seals $29

Do I need the splash shields for the K member?
Are there any front fender splash shields? Everything I'm ordering is for the back.

Collin

Reaction score
they protected the firewall thats it, nothing there for k frame or front of fender...at least on my car haha

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
There are plastic shields that go into the top front corner of the fenders there are shields for the inner fenders and heavy plastic ones for the k-frame.

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
There are plastic shields that go into the top front corner of the fenders there are shields for the inner fenders and heavy plastic ones for the k-frame.

The heavy plastic ones for the K-frame...anyone actually use them? Or are they like the potmetal quarter extension gaskets that no one uses?

Collin

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

whoops! thats right, been so long since dis-assembly i forgot about those. sorry!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I went and got pics I just finished cleaning it up for Vegas. I might have some of these that I bought in the past, I don't know if they are reproduced other that the inner fender. If I thought it was hard to find I bought extras, you know us hoarders :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
69hemibeep said:

The heavy plastic ones for the K-frame...anyone actually use them? Or are they like the potmetal quarter extension gaskets that no one uses?
Quarter extension gaskets I didn't use, in fact unless your going for concourse I might leave the k-frame shields off

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I went and got pics I just finished cleaning it up for Vegas. I might have some of these that I bought in the past, I don't know if they are reproduced other that the inner fender. If I thought it was hard to find I bought extras, you know us hoarders :lol:

What is the name of the shield in the middle pic?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
69hemibeep said:

What is the name of the shield in the middle pic?
Don't know, pretty common they are on the inner fender

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
That is what covers the ball stud area for the Z bar pivot.
I like that name, kinda long but what would you call the one on the other side :lol:

challengergary

Reaction score
What about the large metal inner fender splash shields? Are these supposed to be body color or black?

2012-04-24 09.33.32.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
challengergary said:
What about the large metal inner fender splash shields? Are these supposed to be body color or black?
Here is mine and I probably didn't get as messy near the upper control arm as I should have with the under coat. Got the pics out of order the bottom one is prior to sound deadener of coarse

road runner 817 (Medium).jpg

road runner 849 (Medium).jpg

JJRJR

Reaction score
challengergary said:

Hi Gary, I was just reading this thread wondering if we have all the shields that we need. Then saw you posted. Let me know if we need anything.

Thanks.

J

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Is anybody repoping the covers in Bob's 3rd picture?

Also what are they called?

Tried to find the P/N in the parts book but can't find anything on them unles I'm alookin in the wrong area?

Back