• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spring arrived

Steve

Reaction score
The Mercury hit the dizzy height's of 60F yesterday so I decided to get the old girl polished up and put the Crager's on.
Despite having the 440 fitted a few weeks ago,I've still not been able to try it out what with the roads still covered with salt.Could do with a really good spell of rain....can't believe being an Englishman living in England I've just written that,as though we don't normally get enough of the stuff :lol:
013.jpg
Man,all that graft deserves a pint of Guiness :thumbsup: :cheers:
0282.jpg

013.jpg

0282.jpg

gunnar

Reaction score
Man, thats a beautiful car. Here in Minnesota it is 3 degrees fahrenheit right now.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
those Cragars would look soooo much better on my car... :drool: beautiful runner Steve. We've had some heavy rains, and I think great, all the salt will be gone. then we get more snow. colder than the bitches tit next door this morning.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Very Nice and Sharp looking Runner :thumbsup:

Wish it was 40 degrees here in mid-Michigan but no 3 degrees and dumped with 18 inches of snow.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Steve the girl looks great, and how do you like the cooper tires I have black walls on my Mrs.beeps car The seem to wear well. And George Guinness is like candy over there I asked the tour guide at the Guinness brewery why it tastes so bitter over here and she said it doesn't travel well :basketcase: Anyway it is tasty. Knock one back for me Steve :cheers:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Steve,

Looks really good.

Cold and dry around here yesterday so took Greenie out for a long spin around the block.

Too cold to wax her up but got the garage cleaned. Consider yourself toasted from afar! :cheers:

Enjoy!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Your car looks great Steve! :worship: I like the Cragers on it, it does make a difference on how it looks!!!

Steve

Reaction score
Thanks for the :thumbsup: guys.Been dry and warm all week here with no rain.Previously it rains during the day clearing the salt then stops at night,the temp falls below freezing and they spread salt again.So frustrating.
Just been watching Fox News,didn't realise it was still so cold over there too.
Bob,the Coopers wear really well although that will no doubt change for the rears when I finally get to try the new engine.
George,the Guiness was one left over from St Paddy's day.I must admit I'm more of a beer man than stout though.Just like the odd one now and again,it's lovely stuff :cheers:
Got my garage cleaned also Casey.Put up a couple of shelves and a small bench to get things off the floor.Amazing the space I now have.Even better I now have no oil leaks to mop up every time I move the car thanks to the new seals.What a PITA that used to be.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve, she looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think we're all just as anxious for you to get that first burnout with the new 440 under your belt as you!!! :D

Big, I hear ya on the black and tan...kinda like those myself. Apparently not a good idea to order one in Ireland from what one of my aviation buddies told me. Seems that the Black and Tans were a segment of the British Army whose task was to quell the Irish revolution post WWI and they became known for attacks on the Irish civilian population. Order one in an Irish pub and you might lose a tooth or two... :leave:

I once referred to Ireland as part of the UK during a conversation with this same Irish gentleman...I was STRONGLY advised not to do so ever again... They apparently have no sense of humor when it comes to this stuff... Steve, what the hell did you guys do to the Irish...? :lol:

:jester:

sam z

Reaction score
Hey Steve,
Looks good. Nothing like a little time with car and beer.
Timing on pics is perfect. Mine goes in 3 weeks for the same color.
Good looking car.

Steve

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Steve, she looks great! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I think we're all just as anxious for you to get that first burnout with the new 440 under your belt as you!!! :D

Big, I hear ya on the black and tan...kinda like those myself. Apparently not a good idea to order one in Ireland from what one of my aviation buddies told me. Seems that the Black and Tans were a segment of the British Army whose task was to quell the Irish revolution post WWI and they became known for attacks on the Irish civilian population. Order one in an Irish pub and you might lose a tooth or two... :leave:

I once referred to Ireland as part of the UK during a conversation with this same Irish gentleman...I was STRONGLY advised not to do so ever again... They apparently have no sense of humor when it comes to this stuff... Steve, what the hell did you guys do to the Irish...? :lol:

Check this out Ray,might explain some.
http://www.essortment.com/irish-potato- ... 41446.html

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Steve said:

Largely a rhetorical question...my family is of English, Scottish, & Irish descent, with some American Indian (Choctaw) thrown in just to muddy the waters a bit. Everyone in this country has ties to somewhere else. Even so, we sometimes forget how deep some of the hostilities run - which was my point in sharing the story about my Irish friend. Good read though. Thanks! :thumbsup:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Guess I better not order one in a pub this July then. Thanks for the heads up.

You're always welcome in this South Side Irish Gent's home anyday.

If you ever take me up on it just remember to talk a little slower. And always remember the Mighty Eighth.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Guess I better not order one in a pub this July then. Thanks for the heads up.

You're always welcome in this South Side Irish Gent's home anyday.

If you ever take me up on it just remember to talk a little slower. And always remember the Mighty Eighth.

Headed over this summer, are you? Cool! I know Bob has gone and really enjoyed it. I've only been to London and to Wales. Ireland is on my (well, "Our" - Mrs. ACME is of Irish descent) to-do list as well.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
We are. Got the wife practicing "STAY LEFT" already.

Any suggestions Bob...just PM me on where to go.

The comment to Steve about speaking slower is twofold. I was in England trying to find my dad's WWII airbase in Sudbury. My wife whom I love dearly was saying, "just put it in Garmin". (Honey it closed up in 1946 and there ain't no address-just a big honking field on the NE side of town!!)

I stopped an older Englishman to help me. He was talking so darned fast I couldn't understand him. I asked if he could repeat it but please slow down. He asked how come I couldn't understand the King's English and called me a Yank. Now I know what the third off on the roundabout is. Great Fish and Chips at the White Horse Pub--It was there in 1944 and still going strong now.

I shared that with Steve who apparently had the same thing happen. It sounds like he was in a rural part of Georgia trying to order a good ol' fashioned hamburger. I only hope he was not at a drive-thru.

Back