• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stabil

Jim S.

Reaction score
Little early to be talking about this but, I always wondered what Stabil does to gas. It must change the molecules somehow? I usually mix 91 non-oxy and 110 race gas 50/50. At times the math is off so only about 30% race gas gets in. I wonder if I really need to put Stabil in the car when it goes into "dry dock" for 5 months? I would rather not. :huh:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I been told that race gas will stay good for acouple years if kept out of sunlight.

The problem with mixing is the garbage they sell us now called gas as I know it doesn't last long to it's rated octane.

I to mix mine for the Dart and have not added anything to it while in storage and have not any problems when it comes out.

So as long as no problems I will not add anything to it when in goes into storage and as you know our storage comes up quick.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I use Stabil in everything I have car,boat, and even my lawn equip. and I never had a problem. :cents:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My friend Randy uses it in his fleet after having to clean a fuel system on a couple of cars. No problem since

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've never added anything for the wintertime. I'm usually low on gas, and just add fresh as needed for the winter run ups.

droptop

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've never added anything for the wintertime. I'm usually low on gas, and just add fresh as needed for the winter run ups.

I never use it either. Fresh gas on start up is all you need. With today's gas, it is totally evaporated out of the carb. in just a couple days.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Basketcase said:

I never use it either. Fresh gas on start up is all you need. With today's gas, it is totally evaporated out of the carb. in just a couple days.

Same here. The only thing when I start up in the spring is the extra cranking getting the gas up to the carbs again!

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Same here, I don't use anything over the winter. I usually store the cars with at least a half a tank.

Back