• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Starter Recommendation

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Putting the 440 into my 69 Runner with TTI headers. The Power Master starter we have is a REALLY tight fit. Any body with similar combination can recommend a better fitting starter using the TTI's?

Thanks,

John

quikbird

Reaction score
I think they are all tight fits. their definition of infinitely clockable leaves a lot to be desired also

Collin

Reaction score
I bought a dodge Dakota starter for a 318 motor, it's basically a mini starter and fits great. I have TTI headers on a 383

ykf7b0

Reaction score
I too bought a Dakota starter in the late 1990's and it leaves plenty of room for my Hedman headers. It is still there to this day.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yeah but there's nuthin as sweet sounding and iconic as a gear reduction Chrysler starter.

mahoney0_00_3

Reaction score
the Dakota starter is the best!--I had a 383 dart and the starter went 3 times in 3 years--with headers, just to hot! bought a hi tork Dakota starter and it lasted for years till I restored the car and put back the stock ex manfolds!the starter was and still is good!I sold a road runner that its in and its still there--aleast the last car show in sept it was! and that car has headers--I built a heat shield for it too--on the stock starter!$_14(5).jpg

$_14(5).jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the starter went bad on mine right after I got the car in '07. put an old fashioned gear reduction on, and it's still there.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
got headers on mine, no hassle at all in 8 years. mine has studs for the headers, I had to take one out, and the header moved enough and the starter fell out.

Back