• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering Wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collin

Reaction score
I know these cost a fortune, but anyone selling a wooden steering wheel?

dobie

Reaction score
I have one, but it needs restored. It's got a few cracks, and someone painted the chrome with a silver paint. I paid $150 for it, and would be happy to ship it to you for that too if you're interested. I can also take pics for you too, and either put them here or email you directly.

Oh, btw, it's for a 68-69 if that matters.

:cheers:

Collin

Reaction score
Dobie: Thanks! Please Post them on here if you dont mind, (Firehouse computers limit downloads from emails etc)... I'd love to see how it looks

MoparStuart: Id love to hear about this friend who restores them. The onnly company I have seen online is steering wheels by mike. I just dont want to spend a ton of money, I have a steering wheel (Black triangle wheel with half horn ring), just figured the wood might accent the shifter ball and console.

dobie

Reaction score
Collin said:
Dobie: Thanks! Please Post them on here if you dont mind, (Firehouse computers limit downloads from emails etc)... I'd love to see how it looks

MoparStuart: Id love to hear about this friend who restores them. The onnly company I have seen online is steering wheels by mike. I just dont want to spend a ton of money, I have a steering wheel (Black triangle wheel with half horn ring), just figured the wood might accent the shifter ball and console.

Ok. Give me a day or so to dig it out.

moparstuart

Reaction score
the steering wheel restorer is Rod and he also restores plastic grilles ( 68 & 69 charger grilles mostly) here is his email address very nice stuff Gswrestorations@aol.com

I also know a guy who restores columns completely , including powder coating the metal brackets , new wiring bearings & lock cyclinders and keys completely rebuilt . . kevin penquite BBody68@aol.com

tell them both i sent ya , it may get you a discount , or they may charge you double LOL no really i do alot of buisness with them so tell them i sent ya . :wave:

dobie

Reaction score
Here's a few pics of what I got. Let me know if you're interested then. I'll try to answer any questions too.

:cheers:

70 roadrunner

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's Rod from Gswrestorations.
I'm the guy who restores the woodgrain wheels and 68-69 Charger grilles.
Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Thanx,
Rod

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
70 roadrunner said:
Hey guys, it's Rod from Gswrestorations.
I'm the guy who restores the woodgrain wheels and 68-69 Charger grilles.
Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.
Thanx,
Rod
Do you have a website?

Collin

Reaction score
So Ive purchased the wheel from Dobie. Looks like a nice wheel. Pricing out getting the outter rim redone....verrrrry expensive. Thinking about just getting the materials and doing it myself.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Stacey David did a steering wheel bit on Gearz. Didn't look hard at all. Just taking time on the sanding. give it a shot.And you got the full warranty from Dobie...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back