• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stock rear leafs on a 70 RR.

woodwiz

Reaction score
As you can see by the 2nd to last picture of the springs (new) that the supposed one that is 7 total leafs and the drivers side is 6 leafs are concerning a little. My concerns center around that difference and i have heard about the torque issue if it's going to be launched from stoplights and or the strip,but that is not going to be my use of the car. Talked to the shop today and was told that the 7 leaf has those short leafs at the bottom to act as a traction bar,and i get that! Will installing these as is send the rear end into a bit of lean to the drivers side due to the stiffer left side 7leaf spring? If not,is it possible to remove that last short leaf on the 7leaf and even out to 6leafs both sides?
My fault for not researching the Summit Racing site of these springs a little more,i was excited that i found them and i could have them Fast! Any help would help.....Thanks!!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Let me first edit those details.....The right side spring is the 7leaf and my concern is will it cause the drivers side to ride lower and or lean that way more?
Thanks again!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Look's good you should be happy with them. Hot as hell here in Fl. also with 100% humidity make's unbearable. Wish ya luck on putting those in. :thumbsup2:

woodwiz

Reaction score
Hey Russ,like I said earlier…Will the car sit slanted lower to the drivers side? I’m guessing Mopar built them to do both 1. Handle torque from a launch wherever 2. Sit level.
Any disagreement there…please others chime in as well.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They are on thousands of cars and Ma mopar knew what they were doing so just put them on

woodwiz

Reaction score
That was my thoughts as well. I will update with info and pics in a couple weeks…Thanks!

Back