• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storing a runner...

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Am out of town so car storage has been a big issue lately. Just wondering how some of you store your cars for 3-6 months or more including your personal procedures/protocol etc...and how often you start 'em and keep 'em maintained during that process. Tips/ recommendations/advice appreciated.
69RR4spd1.jpg

69RR4spd1.jpg

moparholic4bbl

Reaction score
Thanks. A lot of options were tossed around however unless I'm readin' between the lines wrong, it sounds like the basic best scenario is pull the battery, fill the tank with some good high octane fuel, add stabil, fill up the cooler with some anti freeze, fill up the interior with moth balls and irish spring, jack it up and pull the wheels if you won't be moving it around any, and pray it don't go south by the time you get back. :horse:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
moparholic4bbl said:
Thanks. A lot of options were tossed around however unless I'm readin' between the lines wrong, it sounds like the basic best scenario is pull the battery, fill the tank with some good high octane fuel, add stabil, fill up the cooler with some anti freeze, fill up the interior with moth balls and irish spring, jack it up and pull the wheels if you won't be moving it around any, and pray it don't go south by the time you get back. :horse:

yep that about covers it except forget the moth balls and use dryer sheets/bounce.....smells better :D

A31PKG

Reaction score
Don't forget mouse traps!

Get several... on top of the tires, the intake manifold, under the battery and washer bottle, in the trunk, etc....
Avoid putting any inside unless you plan to check on it periodically...

Even if you don't have mice problems, I'd still recommend it...I've seen beautiful interiors damaged by those little critters...

:thumbsup:

oops....Just read the above-referenced thread, and I think critters were already covered...

Back