• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange door bird placement

mcmopar

Reaction score
Not only is the decal in the wrong place - it would seem the "road runner" script on the door is too! :loco:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Not only that, but to me there is so much wrong with that car. All the hoses are wrong, what's with the hose off the oil filler cap going directly to the carb and not the air cleaner? The horn is the wrong color. I do like the color but now was done with the car. Not for me! I did look at the B5 car and that appears to done correctly at least.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Cool, I think we have cut this one down to little shreds. Makes me feel better about myself. :D

I was at my friend's bodyshop last week and he had a 69 Charger there. I figure from the looks it is to be a General Lee clone. He told me the owner wants the engine bay painted black. I told him there are just some things you NEVER do to a Mopar. He said it fell on deaf ears when he told him. :loco:

Jim S.

Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
Not sure what compelled the owner to do that. The wheels are killing me. Not a fan..they look like something off an '85 grand am.
I'm surprised that there isn't a "Chip Foose" stereo in the trunk........ :huh:

william grayson

Reaction score
personally-i like the teal color-as long as body/paint is decent-every thing else can easily be changed-if you so desire-its your car do what you want-i like the factory appearing look with personal touches-good luck.........

chapdog105

Reaction score
I'm not loving this car either, BUT...

Personally, I think that any Roadrunner (or old car for that matter) that is in good shape, cared for, and driven regularly is pretty cool. I'm a guy with a rare Roadrunner that hasn't even seen the road other than on the back of a wrecker in the past 30 years. I can't tell you how bad I wish I had one that was drivable.

I will admit that this car is overpriced and isn't for me...but it's somebody's something.

I think it's funny, and maybe a bit ironic that we pick apart a car like this and appreciate cars that are a total pieces of crap as they lay rusting in a garage somewhere and don't run....but everything's original! lol

Just my thoughts....

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'd think a lot more of it if it were priced at 15-18K and a guy that would use it could get ahold of it. Pricing it that high will ensure that is doesn't get used anymore than a rot box. :soap:

The emblems are just plain weird. Not sure how that ever happened.

sam z

Reaction score
I've seen other cars with the emblems like that. Also saw a guy with the rr door decal
placed on a newer dodge pickup. I know a guy that has a mid 90's chrysler
something and put Mercedes emblems on it (after stripping the old Chrysler ones
first). It is actually kind of believable if you don't pay too much attention to cars. The guy
did a real good job with it. Same concept as every Chevelle Malibu becoming an SS at
some point in it's life, right?

The wheels on this car aren't for me either. I really can't stand the stupid gangster 22"
wheels that are occasionally seen on these cars. Now that's revolting!

One thing I do like is the tail lights and plain deck lid on a 1968 rr. I would never take
the leap and try to convert mine. I have thought about it though.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
definatly priced too high. I like the color, not so much the wheels, but at least they aren't 20" donk wheels. hoses, trunk/engine bay black can be changed. he'll have lots of time to fix those things when his phone isn't ringing.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
sam z said:
I've seen other cars with the emblems like that. Also saw a guy with the rr door decal
placed on a newer dodge pickup. I know a guy that has a mid 90's chrysler
something and put Mercedes emblems on it (after stripping the old Chrysler ones
first). It is actually kind of believable if you don't pay too much attention to cars. The guy
did a real good job with it. Same concept as every Chevelle Malibu becoming an SS at
some point in it's life, right?

The wheels on this car aren't for me either. I really can't stand the stupid gangster 22"
wheels that are occasionally seen on these cars. Now that's revolting!

One thing I do like is the tail lights and plain deck lid on a 1968 rr. I would never take
the leap and try to convert mine. I have thought about it though.

I have the road runner door decals on my 04 Ram I wonder if your talking about me. Did you see the truck in Carlisle

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I do like the teal color but black paint in and under the car is used to hide stuff allot of times. I would have to look this thing over but its still over priced.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's what I never liked about the lower body black on '69 GTXs. just reminds me of all the putty that was hid on cars in the '70s.

glhcarl

Reaction score
I will withhold most of my comments but has anyone ever seen a horn of that color and sitting like that?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
glhcarl said:
I will withhold most of my comments but has anyone ever seen a horn of that color and sitting like that?
Only on the 69 and 2/3 lift up hood cars :jester:

sam z

Reaction score
@coyotekiller - no, it wasn't at Carlisle, it was a truck I saw locally near Buffalo where I live.

Back