• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stumbled across some old pics this weekend...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking for some pics for one of my old Air Force buddies and found these... The pictures of the B3 '69 RR are the only ones that I have. It was a 383 N96 car with disk brakes and a four-speed. The one of my dad, my friends, and me ought to give you a chuckle or two... :lol:

:jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
Nice Hair!!

I keep telling my wife that I'm going to grow my hair back out and also grow one of those "ZZ Top" beards when I retire...I've been doing the military and corporate haircut bit for the last 25 years...she doesn't want to hear any of it... :lol:

While on the subject of photos: I finally took some pictures over the weekend of the Malibu with its new "customized by the TV" quarter panel and of the "low restriction" muffler on Bambi. I had to move the 'bu so I could get Bambi up on the lift to put a new muffler on her so I grabbed the camera while I was moving vehicles around. I'll try to get those up here shortly.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
:basketcase:............ah.............. :eek: ................ :lmao: ....................ah.................nice....... :lmao: .........pics....... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Ra :lmao: ..........nice pics Ray, than :lmao: .......thanks for sharing...... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Egad man, don't you own a pair of sissors? :loco:(I woulda cut that first pic up years ago) and are those sandles? :lmao:
seriously(yeah right). awsome looking A body :thumbsup: Sharp road runner too :thumbsup: . and btw.........did you get stuck going thru doorways...? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Ahhh, I haven't seen pictures of a long haired hippy freak in a very long time!!! :jester: Great pics Ray! :thumbsup: Thanks fro shareing.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you guys are enjoying these; that was the point... :D

Yes Dave, you are correct; I pulled a rat motor in flip-flops... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
So Ray, were you a bad ass or a happy hippy, I saw both with that hair :jester:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

I'll have to go with happy hippy...although the hippy thing was largely over by then; I just liked to wear my hair long. I was the Class Clown back then too, Bob...some things never change... :D

My buddies in that pic were also Air Force brats that I ran around with back on Okinawa. After my family came back to the states in the summer of '80 we all enrolled in school in Valdosta, GA. We all worked in a lumber mill, went to school, and lived in a trailer together. We were dirt poor teenagers that poured everything we had into our cars. My dad was nearby and helped us out. A lot. It was a really good time looking back on it.

Collin

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:
Nice Hair!!

I keep telling my wife that I'm going to grow my hair back out and also grow one of those "ZZ Top" beards when I retire...I've been doing the military and corporate haircut bit for the last 25 years...she doesn't want to hear any of it... :lol:

That would be cool, ride in the RR with a zz top beard, some long hair lol. I have the same deal, no facial hair besides mustache as long as Im an employee of the FD. Not that Im old enough to grow one anyways!! HA

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Cool pics Ray! Thanks for sharing, I wont say anything about the hair....I've had my share of long hair days....

mcmopar

Reaction score
Heck, you could be bald and I'd have known which one was you just by the way you were standing there. Body language never lies. :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Heck, you could be bald and I'd have known which one was you just by the way you were standing there. Body language never lies. :D
The funny thing is I started looking for food stains. :lol:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mcmopar said:
The funny thing is I started looking for food stains. :lol:

You two are killing me... :lol:

:cheers:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I'll have to go with happy hippy...although the hippy thing was largely over by then; I just liked to wear my hair long. I was the Class Clown back then too, Bob...some things never change... :D

My buddies in that pic were also Air Force brats that I ran around with back on Okinawa. After my family came back to the states in the summer of '80 we all enrolled in school in Valdosta, GA. We all worked in a lumber mill, went to school, and lived in a trailer together. We were dirt poor teenagers that poured everything we had into our cars. My dad was nearby and helped us out. A lot. It was a really good time looking back on it.

okinawa....i went there for a week to get on flying status....my brother was stationed there for 18 month....he tells me to go check out blow job alley.....i walked thru and the young broads were trying to get me to come into there place.....i walked around the back and theres some 90 yr old broad spitting cum out the back window....that was it for me
the ZZtop go tee wouldnt fly with my old lady....scratches her legs :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
Dig the old pics. I have a buddy that is now grown up and has a family, that continues to rock the 80s hair :lmao:

Back