• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TH727 fluid leak via overflow drain

vso737

Reaction score
I had one that would drain back after use sometimes. I put a shift kit in it that said it would eliminate drain back and it did

The "TCI" trans. I purchased is the "Street Fighter". I assume this tranny has all the 'bells and whistles' done to it which includes a shift kit but I can not swear to that. It is a blast to manual shift it with the "Quick Silver" B & M shifter.

vso737

Reaction score
Still tackling my fluid 'blowout' during cold starts after the car is parked overnight.

Attached is a picture of my transmission dipstick.

Can anyone, who owns a GIRLIE 727, tell me where on the scale does the FLUID rest on your transmission dipstick. The reading to be taken COLD, not running, and after your car has been parked for a few days.

I'm trying to take the various readings on my tranny to determine how much 'T/C drain back' I'm getting and compare it how much is tolerable.
trans dipstick-  003.jpg

Thank you in advance,
LG,
Mike

Back