• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 383 Block

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Been prepping the block today. Took out all plugs and fittings. Scraped all the gaskets off. Reamed the oil passages from the mains to the lifter galley to 17/64. Ball honing next, then a good washdown, install new freeze plugs and fittings, etc., etc., etc..........

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: The Block

Progress :thumbsup: I need to get off my lazy butt and do something, I was out until 2am leading a night jeep run in the desert :D

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
Progress :thumbsup: I need to get off my lazy butt and do something, I was out until 2am leading a night jeep run in the desert :D
That sounds like a blast.......... :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score

Worked on the block some more tonight. Went over it with my descaler which really did a great job. I put a pic of the before and after in one area. The great thing is that it is so easy to get in those tight areas.......... :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score

Unless I'm mistaking, there are supose to be dowel pins in this hole......... :brickwall: another find :loco:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase should be getting a woody with all the pics your posting :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score

Hoosier Bird said:
Unless I'm mistaking, there are supose to be dowel pins in this hole......... :brickwall: another find :loco:

Yep, there should be.

Resist the temptation to grab a hardened dowel pin off the shelf. If you ever pull the engine apart again and want to have it decked, its tougher to get the hardened pins out.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score

Big John said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":3eegwpvp]Unless I'm mistaking, there are supose to be dowel pins in this hole......... :brickwall: another find :loco:

Yep, there should be.

Resist the temptation to grab a hardened dowel pin off the shelf. If you ever pull the engine apart again and want to have it decked, its tougher to get the hardened pins out.[/quote:3eegwpvp]
I'll make 4 out of crs and press them in.... :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Flex Hones are cool. I 1st read about them back in the late '70's or early '80's. They certainly get the job done! :thumbsup:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Here she is after I caressed her in a bubble bath, rubbing her in evey crack and crevasse. Hosed her down with my hose and then wiped her gently with a clean cloth. Took her back inside and blew air ever so willingly in all of her cracks and bores until there were no droplets left. Then I dried all of her wet spots and rubbed oil in most private and important areas..................... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Here she is after I caressed her in a bubble bath, rubbing her in evey crack and crevasse. Hosed her down with my hose and then wiped her gently with a clean cloth. Took her back inside and blew air ever so willingly in all of her cracks and bores until there were no droplets left. Then I dried all of her wet spots and rubbed oil in most private and important areas..................... :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Gary, do you have a second life writing for one of "those" magazines? :devil:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Hoosier Bird said:
Gary, do you have a second life writing for one of "those" magazines? :devil:
No, but I've read alot of them.......... :lol:

Back