• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The roll of foam strip that goes between body and window trim

1968 man

Reaction score
both super birds are all there and the 68 is also ,taking a look at the fender tag to see if its close to mine since both cars were purchased in this area .the guy said he would take 40,000 for both super birds and when I called back with the money he would not answer the phone , I wonder if he got cold feet or a better offer ? probably was to good to be true anyway.all I can do is keep trying to call him.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Did you see them in person. Maybe someone else gave him a better offer. I don't know 20 grand apiece the money it would take to restore them would be out of this world. That is unless you have unlimited fund's. If you know where he lives might just camp out on his lawn till he talk's to you.

1968 man

Reaction score
my luck I would go to jail for stalking. lol I did meet him so I will watch for a vehicle in the yard. Its funny all three of them are less than 7 miles from my house .

oscar holland

Reaction score
Fly in from the netherlands and lers stalk together 2 wing warriors sleeping outside
Ongeloofelijk (dutch)

Big Mo

Reaction score
That is what I told my buddy. I got mine in the paint and gasket seal kit from Detroit Muscle also. Thanks we are moving forward it look's like on the car's when we get to this point. :thumbsup2:
Russ, I may be to late on this post but I will reply and hope it helps you. I rebuilt my pop out windows and in the kit were 2 rolls of black foam to put on the top and front of windows when installed. I have a post car so the trim above the door window had the thin foam you ask about was on them. I have some thin foam of maybe 1/8" thick. I found that when I used it the window seal did not work or look as good as they should have. I removed the thin and replaced it with the 1/4" on the top and back trim piece. Wow, what a big difference. Looks better and window fits better on seal.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Big MO. You know that the head liner was glued out to that area on this car I have then the foam was over that. Maybe that is what adds to the thickness. Did you put two layers of the thin sealer to make it thicker.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Thanks Big MO. You know that the head liner was glued out to that area on this car I have then the foam was over that. Maybe that is what adds to the thickness. Did you put two layers of the thin sealer to make it thicker.
The foam I got with my pop out window repair kit was at least 1/4" thick. I did not need to double it, also was soft enough to squeeze easy enough that the screws did not bend the trim strip much but squeezed the foam.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Where did you get it from. Mine came in the body paint gasket kit from Detroit Muscle. Have not checked it yet. Will take a look at it. If you got it some where else let me know. Thanks for the head's up. Russ.

Back