• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

these made me think of Dobie

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Great story, Jim. I know I enjoyed it. :cheers:

I'm really not ashamed that I got caught napping with my favorite German Shepherd...she's probably the most noble creature I've ever known. Although I do question Mrs. ACME's allegences for passing that on so that I might be tormented on here... :lol:

Unfortunately Miss Leyna is having some neurological issues. She can no longer feel her right rear leg so she's gimpy and wobbly - sometimes loses her footing because her leg just slides out from under her or trips her up. The Vet thinks it might be Degenerative Myelopathy (also called DM or progressive rear limb weakness or paralysis) but unfortunately there is no definitive test or treatment. It is similar to Multiple Sclerosis in humans. We just have to keep her well exercised so that leg doesn't atrophy. It hasn't affected her disposition at all and she still wants to play ball 24/7 so we just soldier on... I just keep hoping it doesn't get any worse so I'm not faced with one of those decisions that defines your ability to separate your needs from theirs...she'll only be 8 years old on Christmas Eve and I'm just not ready for any of that...
Sorry to hear of Miss Leyna's troubles, I'll throw the ball around some when I get there.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words regarding Leyna...she's lying right next to me "guarding" (some might call it napping... :D ) as I type this...

:jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Thank you all for the kind words regarding Leyna...she's lying right next to me "guarding" (some might call it napping... :D ) as I type this...

:jester:
Sorry to hear that Ray. Funny how those fuzzy kids get under your skin in a good way.

On another note. I have been present when "the puppy" pulls a criminal out by the leg. :lol:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
sorry ...ray......all my German Shepherds in my life time had those problems.....the nature of those dogs.....a shame....part of the family

Back