• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

this can't happen to me

V.R.D

Reaction score
click on this link --- if you think you are immune watch the full video it is long but it could be you be carful with what you record and post.

V.R.D

Reaction score
i have never understood why law enforcement do things this way, it is not the way to use your power of enforcement this way, took all computers phone's and usb-drives and then say they don't have a record of the phone's

RonLiv

Reaction score
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Police Department reports that Kevin Van Voris, 35, was arrested Thursday for Deadly Conduct (Illegal Street Racing) after the department was made aware of a YouTube channel belonging to that man where he documented illegal street racing.

Officers served a warrant on Thursday for Deadly Conduct in relation to illegal street racing on Voris and served a warrant to search his home. According to APD, Investigators watched over 20 videos on the man’s YouTube channel where the suspect allegedly documented street racing in multiple areas around Amarillo sometimes going more than 100 mph.

APD said Texas Transportation Code 545.420 states that a person cannot participate in:
  • A race;
  • A vehicle speed competition or contest;
  • A drag race or acceleration contest;
  • A test of physical endurance of the operator of a vehicle;  or
  • in connection with a drag race, an exhibition of vehicle speed or acceleration or to make a vehicle speed record.
Police said the offense is a Class B Misdemeanor for the first offense unless the driver was intoxicated (Class A) or someone is injured (3rd Degree Felony) or killed (2nd Degree Felony).

The Amarillo Police Department said it will seek out and prosecute those who choose to race in Amarillo and said the department will also seize vehicles involved in racing subject to asset forfeiture.

RonLiv

Reaction score
So, he broke the law, got caught, (20 videos) and was charged with a misdemeanor. This guy makes money posting YouTube videos. Do you think just maybe he is embellishing his story just a bit here? Stop doing illegal shit, pay the fine and stop whining.

It would be a cold day in Hates before I sit through 2 more of these whine sessions. No sympathy for this guy from me.

If I was Van Voris I'd be more worried about the dudes whose cars he filmed and then posted all over the internet.

Last edited:

V.R.D

Reaction score
ever heard of street out laws ? and you have a hot car and never got it on with that rustang or shi--- bow tie ? ok what ever

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Some years back when Joe was still sheriff this young man took daddy's rare super car ( don't remember what kind but it was a new model) to a stretch of new highway in town and at about 2am his buddies blocked the on ramps so he could go for a top speed run. 207 mph was recorded on the video plus friends on the ramps added to it then put on Youtube. It showed the kid walking around the car showing it off and he narrated the drive. Sheriff dept caught wind of it looked in county registrations and found only 2 of these cars registered so the arrested the kid and impounded daddy's car

V.R.D

Reaction score
some people don't have much upstairs or if brains were dynamite you couldn't blow your nose

torredcuda

Reaction score
Guy was way too long winded for me to watch it so I skipped thru it. My take - guy was participating (videoing) in organized illegal street racing and got caught, maybe the LEO`s went a bit overboard for a Class B misdemeaner but that had video evidence. Don`t do the crime if you can`t do the time (o rpay the fine). Yes, most of us here have got into an occasional street contest or just breaking the speed limit "testing" our cars but this was organized street racing. Years ago street racing was done mainly on deserted roads and usually no one got hurt, at least innocent bystanders, today there is a lot less tolerance for that kind of stuff and with good reason.

torredcuda

Reaction score
ever heard of street out laws ? and you have a hot car and never got it on with that rustang or shi--- bow tie ? ok what ever
Street Outlaws is a made up show done on shut down streets with lighting, safety crews etc. - it`s NOT street racing.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Guy was way too long winded for me to watch it so I skipped thru it. My take - guy was participating (videoing) in organized illegal street racing and got caught, maybe the LEO`s went a bit overboard for a Class B misdemeaner but that had video evidence. Don`t do the crime if you can`t do the time (o rpay the fine). Yes, most of us here have got into an occasional street contest or just breaking the speed limit "testing" our cars but this was organized street racing. Years ago street racing was done mainly on deserted roads and usually no one got hurt, at least innocent bystanders, today there is a lot less tolerance for that kind of stuff and with good reason.
repeated himself over and over.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Both television shows, both operating within the laws.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
atl
AMARILLO, Texas (KAMR/KCIT) — The Amarillo Police Department reports that Kevin Van Voris, 35, was arrested Thursday for Deadly Conduct (Illegal Street Racing) after the department was made aware of a YouTube channel belonging to that man where he documented illegal street racing.

Officers served a warrant on Thursday for Deadly Conduct in relation to illegal street racing on Voris and served a warrant to search his home. According to APD, Investigators watched over 20 videos on the man’s YouTube channel where the suspect allegedly documented street racing in multiple areas around Amarillo sometimes going more than 100 mph.

APD said Texas Transportation Code 545.420 states that a person cannot participate in:
  • A race;
  • A vehicle speed competition or contest;
  • A drag race or acceleration contest;
  • A test of physical endurance of the operator of a vehicle;  or
  • in connection with a drag race, an exhibition of vehicle speed or acceleration or to make a vehicle speed record.
Police said the offense is a Class B Misdemeanor for the first offense unless the driver was intoxicated (Class A) or someone is injured (3rd Degree Felony) or killed (2nd Degree Felony).

The Amarillo Police Department said it will seek out and prosecute those who choose to race in Amarillo and said the department will also seize vehicles involved in racing subject to asset forfeiture.

Thanks for the news article.
It helped.
He doesn't want to "make the video too long" 25 mins into it but keeps going on and on?
Fail.
(That's the reason I don't watch many youtube videos.)
1673008923510.png
His house got Trump raided and he was arrested for posting videos of other people is what I figure happened?
I think Georgia's new ordinance criminalizes recording and posting "street racing".
Not worth my time to look it up, but that's what I heard.
Going after those that encourage it perhaps.
I also think the "problem" is mostly in the Atlanta area.
Yea.
Go figure.

Last edited:

V.R.D

Reaction score
my point in posting this is the people in a authoritarian position are going to far on things that aren't that important . you try to live a regular life and have some fun live with in the rules but you happen to get caught going 5-10 over the limit and now you have a 300 dollar ticket why don't they go after real crime's

V.R.D

Reaction score
Both television shows, both operating within the laws.
and what about before the tv show ? i know when i cruised Woodward back in the day there was a lot of racing on the street and nothing happened like this . this is over the top to me if you record others racing and you post a vid and 2-3 years later you get in trouble

RonLiv

Reaction score
and what about before the tv show ? i know when i cruised Woodward back in the day there was a lot of racing on the street and nothing happened like this . this is over the top to me if you record others racing and you post a vid and 2-3 years later you get in trouble
I am quite certain the TV shows were done with permits and safety in mind. Otherwise the producers and sponsors of said shows would be in jeopardy. As far as two or three years later, I guess it depends on when the videos were posted. They were probably more recent than that. I also believe the thought process behind the arrest is his video's are encouraging the behavior. Also back in the day, we didn't have these "Super Cars" with 1,000 horse power either. Street racing back then you were lucky to get to the speed limit. But all said and done you can't blame the police for enforcing the laws. His video was somewhat confusing, he kept saying he was treated like El Chapo, but then said multiple times the police were cool.

RonLiv

Reaction score
my point in posting this is the people in a authoritarian position are going to far on things that aren't that important . you try to live a regular life and have some fun live with in the rules but you happen to get caught going 5-10 over the limit and now you have a 300 dollar ticket why don't they go after real crime's
I hear what you are saying. This Van Voris guy however makes this video out to where he's being made out to be the victim, he's not. He's looking for hits on his Youtube.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Not to put too fine a point upon it.
But I still crack up.
"I ain't going to spend 45 mins trying to explain how to gap a spark plug."
UT could get rebuilding an engine into that much time.

Last edited:
Back