• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle cable bracket........

A12

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Anyone have a picture of what my throttle cable bracket should look like........... :huh:

am I asking the right question....4-speed or automatic, 383 or hemi.....?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":ae3hjm5f]Anyone have a picture of what my throttle cable bracket should look like........... :huh:

am I asking the right question....4-speed or automatic, 383 or hemi.....?
4-speed, 383[/quote:ae3hjm5f]

Looks like the best pictures were the 383 auto set-up; I guess you'll just have to change over to a 727. And after all the work you did machining a new input collar and cleaning up the bellhousing & related... :lmao: :acme: :lmao: :acme: :lmao:

:jester:

zupanj

Reaction score
Hoosier,

Here are a couple of pics. I hope they help. There are more in my photobucket album if you need them.

Jack

P1010498.jpg
P1010498.jpg
P1010492.jpg

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Looks like the best pictures were the 383 auto set-up; I guess you'll just have to change over to a 727. And after all the work you did machining a new input collar and cleaning up the bellhousing & related... :lmao: :acme: :lmao: :acme: :lmao:

You know what I say.........If it ain't got a clutch, it ain't much........ :devil:

Jim S.

Reaction score
am I asking the right question....4-speed or automatic, 383 or hemi.....?[/quote]
4-speed, 383[/quote]

:jester:[/quote]
Yeah autos are faster aren't they?

Jim S.

Reaction score
You know what I say.........If it ain't got a clutch, it ain't much........ :devil:[/quote]
I agree with you, the only car I own that is a auto is the RR and I wish it wasn't. Bought a 2002 Jeep Liberty and they had to build me one with a V6 and a 5 speed stick. They only made 3 total in the U.S. that year. Some Renegade's had sticks but not "plain jane" grocery getter Libertys. I totally missed the tranny post. They were still good pics though. I took them a couple of weeks ago when I replaced a leaking valley pan. Old guys have to do stuff like that. Now if I could just find that carburetor........Jim

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. I'm going to use the one I have and see if it gives me any problems. Again, thanks....... :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Yeah autos are faster aren't they?[/quote]

I think the guy in the red white and blue runner in the next lane would disagree with you.... :drive:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="ACME A12":28365os6]Looks like the best pictures were the 383 auto set-up; I guess you'll just have to change over to a 727. And after all the work you did machining a new input collar and cleaning up the bellhousing & related... :lmao: :acme: :lmao: :acme: :lmao:

You know what I say.........If it ain't got a clutch, it ain't much........ :devil:[/quote:28365os6]
my buddy was building his car and was thinking of putting an automatic in it.....i said would you rather die with a 4 speed in your hand or an automatic....he went with the 4 speed...haha

4 speeds are a blast but all i want to do is bang shift them

Jim S.

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

I think the guy in the red white and blue runner in the next lane would disagree with you.... :drive: [/quote]
Talking about cars off the showroom floor in 69. That is all I ever heard, there was nothing faster than a Hemi Roadrunner with a auto in it. Yes, Mr. Sox proved them wrong but, I still keep hearing this on shows like American Muscle and the like. I really don't know. Like I said, I wish mine was a clutch.........Jim

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

I think the guy in the red white and blue runner in the next lane would disagree with you.... :drive: [/quote]
Oh, yeah..........Mr. 4-Speed himself........ :lol: I wish he was still alive, I know he'd have my back on this one......

Back