• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Timing cover and oil pan come off

martin69rr

Reaction score
Hi Guys Sorry i should have said hello when i first joined up but thngs were really busy up to Christmas. Glad to see that most of the regulars made it over from .org it was a great site but I am sure this one will be even better. We had a great time over in Florida back in August and it was great to meet up with John. Most of the parts I picked up are now on the old bird and I plan to put the new head linning in this holiday. I have taken pics of most of the jobs and plan to post up bits in the project box. I picked up 2 engines before christmas both hp's 1 was late 68 and the other early 69 they were both stripped and very rusty but I have had the machine shop look at them and they are both saveable. I have decided to build the late 68 to go in my care so I have had 20 thou off the bores and 10 thou off the crank and it will go together with new bearings and some keith black pistons. I have the engine back for christmas to clean the rest of the rust off and paint the inside of the block. I have also ground off all the casting burrs so it now looks quite sexy (for an engine). When I get some more time and I have worke out how to do the pictures I will post up some of the projects. If you are interested I will also post up the progress on the 68 coronet which has been a bit slow this year. Happy Holidays (Martin Couple of pics to get on with me at Santa Pod and Brooklands this year)[attachment=1:3mplokc7]364 [640x480].JPG[/attachment:3mplokc7][attachment=1:3mplokc7]364 [640x480].JPG[/attachment:3mplokc7]

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well I won't say who Martin, but there are some on this site that are shameless picture hounds......... :eek: I love the looks of the '68-'70 Coronets.

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
Welcome and great pix!

Alex (with the white 69 RR), the admin from the UK Mopar site used to be a member at our old site. Tell him to stop by.

:wave:

Back