• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires and Wheels

droptop

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:
I still love ya man, even though your taste sucks........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

how could you not love that hemi GTX in red lines and recalls W23 kelsey hayes wheels :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

you can buy new ones here http://www.specialtywheelsltd.org/chrysler-wheels.html

These are the wheels that are going on the convertible. But, I will go with the brushed trim rings instead of the chromed ones like this picture. I have also been told that the center caps are different for Dodge and Plymouth. Anyone know?

moparstuart

Reaction score
droptop said:
moparstuart said:
Hoosier Bird said:
I still love ya man, even though your taste sucks........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

how could you not love that hemi GTX in red lines and recalls W23 kelsey hayes wheels :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

you can buy new ones here http://www.specialtywheelsltd.org/chrysler-wheels.html

These are the wheels that are going on the convertible. But, I will go with the brushed trim rings instead of the chromed ones like this picture. I have also been told that the center caps are different for Dodge and Plymouth. Anyone know?
http://wwnboa.com/khw.htm check out this

these wheels pictured are my buddy 's wayne

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
To bring this old thread back, I just saw this new Cragar wheel.

ViewImage.ashx

Hmmmmmm..........

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
that is real cool.....almost like a gasser wheel.....i have to check if they have a backspace i need....that would look great :D....just checked jegs.....they only so far come in 17x8 with a 4.5 backspace and conical lug set up.....$219 each :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
those would look good on you Bird Big......just nothing ove 15'...please!

Big John

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
those would look good on you Bird Big......just nothing ove 15'...please!

Well... I would seriously consider a 16" tire but I think I would be limiting my tire and wheel choice. 17" or bigger.... no... but 16".... I think that would look good especially with a tall tire and I do like a tall tire to fill the wheel wells. A 16" would give a little more wheel without losing the tire sidewall.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
that is real cool.....almost like a gasser wheel.....i have to check if they have a backspace i need....that would look great :D....just checked jegs.....they only so far come in 17x8 with a 4.5 backspace and conical lug set up.....$219 each :D

500 Series Eliminator. It looks like they are available in 15X7, 15X8, 17X7, and 17X8. Backspacing ranges from 4" to 4.5".

http://www.cragar.com/ProductView.aspx? ... =%3fc%3d15

those kind of remind me of the old Radir tri-rib wheels...without the third rib...

Big John

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

500 Series Eliminator. It looks like they are available in 15X7, 15X8, 17X7, and 17X8. Backspacing ranges from 4" to 4.5".

http://www.cragar.com/ProductView.aspx? ... =%3fc%3d15

those kind of remind me of the old Radir tri-rib wheels...without the third rib...

Fenton had a similar wheel called the Hawk. Fenton used to sell their wheels along side the Spark-O-Matic shifters and Kraco 8 tracks at Kmart.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
This thread got me thinking about Motor Wheel Flys again...didn't find any for sale anywhere, but I did find this interesting site:

http://www.akhwheels.com/

They don't have any Flys, but they do have some Spyders... :D

solid gold

Reaction score
Pretty neat to bring an old thread back to life. I always think about putting steelies and dog dish on Solid Gold! (as an extra set). But my only question I have are the tires! Rims would be 14x7's. What tires would be correct (ie) Brand? Just cheapie blackwall radials? (white lettered) TA"s? Good Year Polyglas, Any comments? Thanks. Not trying to steal Big John's thread! You would think that someone, (a computer guru), would develop something like Tirerack has (for Mopars only),where you could put every tire and wheel combo on your car without leaving your seat. I believe you could make up your mind alot faster,get the funds, and go for it! Life is short,and for some of us, winters are way too long! :yesnod:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
solid gold said:
Pretty neat to bring an old thread back to life. I always think about putting steelies and dog dish on Solid Gold! (as an extra set). But my only question I have are the tires! Rims would be 14x7's. What tires would be correct (ie) Brand? Just cheapie blackwall radials? (white lettered) TA"s? Good Year Polyglas, Any comments? Thanks. Not trying to steal Big John's thread!

If they are to be an extra set just for fun, who cares what size & style is "correct"??? Cop wheels & dog dishes always look great IMHO, as do staggered steelies...15X6 up front and 15X8 out back for instance. I love the Polyglas GT's on Steve's car; one of MY all-time favorite tires...look freakin' great on steelies as Steve's car will attest to...and they just recently re-introduced the L60 15's just in case you want to fill the rear fenderwells and go for the serious musclecar look... :yesnod: If radials are your cup-o-tea then grab some TAs or whatever brand smokes your shorts...gold steelies with redline radials would probably look smoldering hot on your car... Just a few thoughts for your consideration... :cheers:

You know that there is no such thing as thread hi-jacking around here... :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks like someone is sucking up to the Green higharchy......better go se if there is a repo A12 hood at the door...... :acme: :acme: :acme:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
looks like someone is sucking up to the Green higharchy......better go se if there is a repo A12 hood at the door...... :acme: :acme: :acme:

Im sure it's not there yet. I know that you live in Toronto so I shipped it freight and duty collect via Canada Post. Shouldn't be more than twice what a new one from YO costs by the time you're done... :lol:

:acme:

Big John

Reaction score
solid gold said:
Pretty neat to bring an old thread back to life. I always think about putting steelies and dog dish on Solid Gold! (as an extra set). But my only question I have are the tires! Rims would be 14x7's. What tires would be correct (ie) Brand? Just cheapie blackwall radials? (white lettered) TA"s? Good Year Polyglas, Any comments? Thanks. Not trying to steal Big John's thread! You would think that someone, (a computer guru), would develop something like Tirerack has (for Mopars only),where you could put every tire and wheel combo on your car without leaving your seat. I believe you could make up your mind alot faster,get the funds, and go for it! Life is short,and for some of us, winters are way too long! :yesnod:

Someone with some photoshop skills could show different versions. One thing I see on a hotrod site (the HAMB) is requests for someone to photoshop wheels, different colors, chopped tops etc.

Anybody out there good with photoshop??

Back