Tires and Wheels

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ray, they look good :thumbsup:

Thanks, Bob.

I seem to have struck up a bit of a friendship with Richard (Halibrand's President) so he called me just before they shipped the wheels and offered me a different set of wheel centers. Having spoken with him before he knew that I knew some of the history of Halibrand (and about the bankruptcy and creation of the new company specifically) and he asked me if I would rather have some centers that paid homage to the original company, Halibrand Engineering. I opted to take this route (I'm a sucker for nostalgia...) and so he sent me a set of wheel centers that are a lower profile and made from aluminum with "Halibrand Engineering" engraved on them. He was right, I just love the old name being on there... Helps to set them off and differentiate them from the AR Torque Thrusts too... Like Big John - I too was looking for something just a little different...but that would look correct for a "day two" A12...

:jester:

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Good to know my fellow RR Enthusiasts approve...

I have to tell you, it was hard not to go with the wide whites and wire wheels...but I think these will be ok... :lol:

:banana: :D :banana:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
A little better picture will be good I can't quite see the center. :popcorn:

Duly noted. I'll make it happen... :yesnod:

Okay Mr. Square Wheels, here ya go... Richard @ Halibrand sent me a picture...

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Those wheels look great! I really like the centers! :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Well, we haven't seen this thread in awhile so I thought I'd resurrect it. It seems every summer I get the itch to put the 14" stamped wheels and "Plymouth Division" hubcaps back on the ol' crate just for something different. I've had a few days off (very slow at work) so I took the opportunity today to make the swap. I must confess, I think the car looks outstanding with the Magnum 500/B.F. Goodrich combo but I like the simple look as well. Reminds me of when dad bought his road runner back in the summer of 1970.
I looked at the date stamp on the tires and found 2 of them are quite old so I'll be careful not to abuse them with high speeds. They should be ok for puttering around town on if they are kept inflated properly. Once things pick back up it will be time for a new set - even though they look brand new.
vacation08007.jpg
vacation08004.jpg

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like it! Little change of pace... Let me know if you need me to store the Road Wheels and BFGs at my place... :lol:

Hopefully you did that early this morning...or else you probably need an IV now considering how nasty the weather is currently down here... :crazy:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I need to refresh my factory 14" road wheels with some new satin black paint. I repainted them way back in the '80's so they are due for some TLC. I also need to get some new trim rings but at $45 apiece I'll have to wait on better financial times.
Ray, you wouldn't want the front BFG's. They have worn oddly due to a bad alignment and really need to be replaced. They work ok with the alignment I have now but they'd be awful on a car aligned to factory specs. I won't leave these tires and wheels on here too long because if I did they'd wear oddly also. And yeah, I got done swapping them out at about 11:15 this AM. Now I need to go out there and cut my grass before the rains get here. Its getting to look like a jungle!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I don't know, I'm a big Road Wheel fan.......I'll be looking into buying some 15" ones very soon....... :thumbsup:

Yep. Road Wheels Rock! The 15" set that John has for his car look great. I'll second that motion, Gary. :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Hoosier Bird":2f3vzmf7]I don't know, I'm a big Road Wheel fan.......I'll be looking into buying some 15" ones very soon....... :thumbsup:

Yep. Road Wheels Rock! The 15" set that John has for his car look great. I'll second that motion, Gary. :thumbsup:

:jester:[/quote:2f3vzmf7]
Ray. I have a set of 5 painted b5 just holding my trunk mat down :D

Back