• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires

V269

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying some tires for my steelies and was wondering what size would be best suited for them. I am going with radials. They are 15" rims. Fronts and rears please. Also what is the size comparison from bias to radials. PS, Bob what size did you just buy for your new rims ?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
I'm thinking of buying some tires for my steelies and was wondering what size would be best suited for them. I am going with radials. They are 15" rims. Fronts and rears please. Also what is the size comparison from bias to radials. PS, Bob what size did you just buy for your new rims ?
Ken, they are F70/15 Goodyear polyglass

V269

Reaction score
Thank's Bob, I thought F70 was the correct size. You would'nt happen to know what size that would be in a radial P size tire would you ? Or anyone ? :huh:

mcmopar

Reaction score
215-70R/15 is equivalent to a F70-15 if I am not mistaken. 225-70R/15's would be equivalent to a G70-15 tire I believe. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
I think if I had to do it all over again I might just have stuck with 235-70R/15's all the way around. At 8" treadwidth they give a very nice, balanced look.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
this is a set or 225/70-14 on a 69 car not the best photo , that would be the min. size I would go with.

_conv02.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I think if I had to do it all over again I might just have stuck with 235-70R/15's all the way around. At 8" treadwidth they gives a very nice, balanced look.

You're on drugs, Johnny McGowan... Your car looks perfect...except for the Coronet Station Wagon Green... :acme:

:lmao:

a6t9vette

Reaction score
I have 245/60/15s at all 4 corners, prob a little big up front (they rub a little at full lock), but I like the size in the back.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
You're on drugs, Johnny McGowan... Your car looks perfect...except for the Coronet Station Wagon Green... :acme:

:stooges: (been dying to use that!) now everyone sees who the real trouble maker is! Team Green has been our best behavior.

V269

Reaction score
Well I bought a pair of tires for the front today at a local parts store. P225 70 15. They measure 27" tall and have 8" and a bit tread width. Also picked up 20 new chrome nuts for them. I had a $200 gift certificate for this store from work as a safety award so I used it and only had to chip in $13. Cheap pair of tires. Going to have my buddy put them on the rims tomorrow I hope. :banana: :beep:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:

:stooges: (been dying to use that!) now everyone sees who the real trouble maker is! Team Green has been our best behavior.

Been too quiet around here, Dave. We needed a little :pot:

Besides, I have only so many cheesey photos from the '80s that I can post... :lol:

:jester:

V269

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I suppose your flying down here so I won't get to see it :drool:

Yep, I'm flying. Might not have all the tires on by then but may be able to take a pic and bring it with me. Great thing about this trip is I can get to see your car. :thumbsup: We are definately going to go to the cruise night at Mcdonalds Sat. night. Be there or be square ! No pun intended. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hey Ken, take some pics with the current newspaper and Sponge Bob's car. I'm betting it's really an F8 Satallite with a \6........ :pot: :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
69hemibeep said:

Yep, I'm flying. Might not have all the tires on by then but may be able to take a pic and bring it with me. Great thing about this trip is I can get to see your car. :thumbsup: We are definately going to go to the cruise night at Mcdonalds Sat. night. Be there or be square ! No pun intended. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Ken, I'll see if the car will go that far. Although its pretty easy on gas with the \6 and all :lmao:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ken King said:
69hemibeep said:

Ken, I'll see if the car will go that far. Although its pretty easy on gas with the \6 and all :lmao:

That aftermarket fuel injection set-up and overdrive probably help a bunch...

:jester:

V269

Reaction score
Ok, here is a pic of my new tires on the front and one of my rear frame as well. :thumbsup:
th_100_4109.jpg

th_100_3959.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:
[quote="Ken King":2rngqiw0]Maybe this one will work.
th_100_3959.jpg
th_100_4109.jpg

I give up. Don't know why the pics are so small. :brickwall:[/quote:2rngqiw0]
How big is your thumb :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
he ain't fool'n me...he's just pading his post count! 9and from what i can see, that looks beautiful!

Back