• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tires

V269

Reaction score
Thank's fellows. Na, not trying to pad the post count just trying to figure out why my pics are coming out so small. It worked fine for the first batch of pics I posted but these ones screwed up somehow. Can't figure it out. Too bad as the pic of the underside is good. When I did the resto on the car I cut the back end off at the rear axle and replaced all of the frame, 4 piece trunk, quarters, outer wheel houses, rear cross member, spring/shackle boxes, gas tank brace, and new gas tank. Then painted everything underneath front to back.
Also new 2 1/2 " exhaust front to rear with dynamax super turbo mufflers, chrome tips, new drive shaft. Lot's of fun. :thumbsup:

Then the other day I took my new front tire's to have them installed on the rims and found out that 2 of the 4 rims I bought were bent bad enough that they could not be used. It would have took 4-5 ozs of weight to balance them. Bad enough that you could see them wobble on the spin balancer. :brickwall: This is after I sandblasted, primed and painted them with 3 coats of black. Now I'll have to hunt up 2 more rims and do it all over again. :devil:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ken King said:
Thank's fellows. Na, not trying to pad the post count just trying to figure out why my pics are coming out so small. It worked fine for the first batch of pics I posted but these ones screwed up somehow. Can't figure it out. Too bad as the pic of the underside is good. When I did the resto on the car I cut the back end off at the rear axle and replaced all of the frame, 4 piece trunk, quarters, outer wheel houses, rear cross member, spring/shackle boxes, gas tank brace, and new gas tank. Then painted everything underneath front to back.
Also new 2 1/2 " exhaust front to rear with dynamax super turbo mufflers, chrome tips, new drive shaft. Lot's of fun. :thumbsup:

Then the other day I took my new front tire's to have them installed on the rims and found out that 2 of the 4 rims I bought were bent bad enough that they could not be used. It would have took 4-5 ozs of weight to balance them. Bad enough that you could see them wobble on the spin balancer. :brickwall: This is after I sandblasted, primed and painted them with 3 coats of black. Now I'll have to hunt up 2 more rims and do it all over again. :devil:

All is not lost; you now have two beautifully restored hose reels! :thumbsup:

Car looks great. Good job! :cheers:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ken King said:

Ken are these H-wheels? There are folks out there that do wheel repair. :cheers:

V269

Reaction score
Hey Ray that is a good idea for the bent rims see'in I need a couple of new hose reals anyways. :lol: :lol: Or I might use one of them to put a spare on just for look's to put in the trunk. Bob, " H" as in heavy duty, yes. :yesnod: :lmao: No they aren't real H wheels. Just from what I believe are " C " body rims 15 x 6 1/2. '72-'74 vintage but they look good. Will try to find a couple off of something big or take them back to Jack and he'll give me a couple more. I'm at his place alot anyhow. Just a pain in the butt.

V269

Reaction score
Well I picked up a couple more rim's today. Got them from my daughter's boyfriend's dad. He has a yard full of old mopar's. Got one off a '73 charger and one from a '74 newport. Exactly the same as the one's I have. Going to take them to the shop tomorrow to have the tire's taken off and have them checked on the spin balancer to make sure I'm not waisting my time before I blast and paint them. :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Ken King said:
Hey Ray that is a good idea for the bent rims see'in I need a couple of new hose reals anyways. :lol: :lol: Or I might use one of them to put a spare on just for look's to put in the trunk. Bob, " H" as in heavy duty, yes. :yesnod: :lmao: No they aren't real H wheels. Just from what I believe are " C " body rims 15 x 6 1/2. '72-'74 vintage but they look good. Will try to find a couple off of something big or take them back to Jack and he'll give me a couple more. I'm at his place alot anyhow. Just a pain in the butt.

Jack has everything!

V269

Reaction score
Had the rim's on the spin balancer today and they are good so the old tire's were taken off and I can get to work on cleaning them up for paint. :banana: :thumbsup:

Back