• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todays election

jays69bird

Reaction score
Well analyst are predicticing Obama will jump out to an early lead.... :huh: That is untill the people who work in this country hit quitting time,leave work, and then go to their polling place to vote for Romney. :cool:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Well analyst are predicticing Obama will jump out to an early lead.... :huh: That is untill the people who work in this country hit quitting time,leave work, and then go to their polling place to vote for Romney. :cool:
:yeathat:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
jays69bird said:
:yeathat:
:yeathat: :yeathat:

bighook

Reaction score
What's troubling with the outcome of this election is how many people think that continuous 16+% unemployment is a non-issue. I have close friends, relatives, my siblings, even myself that have been or are currently underemployed or unemployed. Energy/gas, food and other basic necessities are slowly creeping up. We reign in our expenses but it doesn't seem to make a dent. Drive through any city or suburb and see vacant buildings that were once thriving small businesses just a year or two ago.

Instead, "important" issues are whether women should get free contraception, coal mining should be outlawed, school lunches should be provided to all children, shaking hands with our enemies who would like nothing more than for most of us to be dead, and numerous other 'unicorns and rainbows' legislation that do nothing to address the core problems facing us as a nation.

Only thing I can say is I hope our individualism and patriotism persists throughout these troubled times and hope we make it through to the other side of the next four years. It's going to be a rough ride. :facepalm:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I was hoping for a turn around. My business is just about a waist of time any more I think I'm going to fold my circus tent up and look for something new. Does anyone know if you fold a small business if you are eligible for unemployment ?

gunnar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I was hoping for a turn around. My business is just about a waist of time any more I think I'm going to fold my circus tent up and look for something new. Does anyone know if you fold a small business if you are eligible for unemployment ?

I was hoping for a turnaround as well. Small business climate is poor now. You may or may not be able to collect unemployment if you close up shop. Depends on if you had to pay UI on yourself or were paid a regular salary and withheld from your pay all along. It varies by state so best check your own situation.

Good Luck.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
bighook said:
What's troubling with the outcome of this election is how many people think that continuous 16+% unemployment is a non-issue. I have close friends, relatives, my siblings, even myself that have been or are currently underemployed or unemployed. Energy/gas, food and other basic necessities are slowly creeping up. We reign in our expenses but it doesn't seem to make a dent. Drive through any city or suburb and see vacant buildings that were once thriving small businesses just a year or two ago.

Instead, "important" issues are whether women should get free contraception, coal mining should be outlawed, school lunches should be provided to all children, shaking hands with our enemies who would like nothing more than for most of us to be dead, and numerous other 'unicorns and rainbows' legislation that do nothing to address the core problems facing us as a nation.

Only thing I can say is I hope our individualism and patriotism persists throughout these troubled times and hope we make it through to the other side of the next four years. It's going to be a rough ride. :facepalm:
well said :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Sponge Bob better ad onto the bunker...gonna get crowded in there.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know several people - my wife included - whose employers have already told them that if the king of the teleprompter was re-elected they "should expect some changes". This means everything from lay-offs to increased employee contributions for health insurance due to that ridiculous bill that they passed... They were just waiting to see if the economic/business climate was going to change before making any rash moves...

This will likely be the longest, hardest four years of our lives...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big O's been killing the coal industry around here. looks like more to come....

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I'm not happy but gonna try to make the best of it. Looks like I'll be spending a lot more time on other people's projects to survive........ :facepalm:

jays69bird

Reaction score
Well if you look at the popular vote this clown (obama) didn't get any mandate from the American people,he was just able to win more states with a higher percentage of electoral votes. If the idiot would just tell the Liberal wing of the Democrat party that he is going to work on the real problems facing this nation instead of pushing their agenda,and focus on job creation,smart spending,and lowering taxes.But instead he worries about gun control,political correctness,entitlements. I doubt it would ever happen, so we are stuck with him 4 more years,may God have mercy on our souls. :soap:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
There may, and I repeat may, be something that will at least slow him down. The House is still in the Republicans hands, so he won't be able to force things down our throats like that so called health bill, "you have to pass it to see what's in it?" Give me a f#&kin break! :brickwall:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
He is in and doesn't give a shit if it was close. I'm going to :lol: when he has to bail GM out again because its coming. Right now he needs to cover Benghazi up before he gets impeached.

Back