• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torqueflite to 833 standard tranny conversion.

Reaction score
You can get the hump from AMD and tell Brewers you dont need it or sell it. No measurments needed Ive done several and they fall into place in the floor pan. Draw a line around it move in about an inch from the line and cut the hole but towards the rear stop at the cross member. Prep and weld. Don't forget the Z-Bar bracket gets welded in the engine bay before paint also.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I would try to find the correct trans. This would make it easy to in stall. This car had a automatic put in it and it was original four speed car. Only thing I had to do was cut the mount off the transmission support and open a hole in the middle for the rubber mount to slip into the cross member. All the holes where their to do that. Just my two cent's. Don't know if the A body transmission will work. The shifter might bolt up different on it. Ours mount to the rear near the tail shaft. Check with brewer's for the correct one. Or maybe Tony's might have it. Got mine out of Co. from a guy off E bay. Luck would have it was all like new in side even new shift fork's. So good luck and try to stay with original part's.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Unless I'm mistaken, the B body shifter mounts in the location closest to the side cover and the E body mounts in the rear position. It really depends on the year, There is actually a set of rods for 71-74 B body with a bench seat. A bodies are a different animal, it depends on slant 6 or V8. Go figure. I would call Brewers before ordering.

39315.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Its been like 8-9 months. Quick update. Body is just about done. I am converting the entire brake system to disc brakes. I found some good aluminum heads, which have been checked by my machine shop, they came from a jet boat motor which got water down the intake and cracked the block. But the heads came with an aluminum Hi rise intake, paid like a grand for the works. I finally recieved the Brewers conversion kit with the reconditioned A833 tranny. I also picked up a spare A833 tranny down in southern British Columbia this past July. Looks like I may need a replacement (reverse/idler gear). Any shops or Auto yards down there, that may have a spare one or 2 they want to sell?
Ken

Back