• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traction Bars

stevo

Reaction score
a very wise man once told me that Chrysler engineers where/are some of the best in the biz.
if Direct Connection/Mopar Performance makes it, its proven to work.
Snubbers and all..
I would guess 90% of the aftermarket parts are tested/developed for SBC (msd) comes to mind.....
and repackaged for Mopar.
KISS, Stick with the parts that where designed to work on your car and you will be a very happy man!

A very good source of info can be found here.
http://www.4secondsflat.com

enjoy and keep it mopar!

moparchris

Reaction score
Weird that your car wheel hops. Mopars are not known for that, even really worn out stuff doesn't wheel hop. My guess is shocks. I would try a set of adjustable drag shocks from summit racing. As an added bonus it will ride nice. and they are cheap. Back in the day my Dart ran 10.80s with a 1.40 60' with worn out original 318 springs and a factory pinion snubber, no wheel hop.

TOMRR

Reaction score
HPIM4593.jpg

I added a clamp to the front and rear of each spring and it took care of the wheel hop. The Springs have about 5000 miles and are Hemi Springs with new shocks . The 440 has been rebuilt 425 HP 500+ Torque that might add to the Issue for sure

Thanks for All The Advice Tom C.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm liking the exchanges between Quikbird and Coyote. You two should stick around. :cheers:

quikbird

Reaction score
indeed, " crybaby bedwetter" is the starting insult and alas, goes downhill fast from there.:groucho:

For Dave, it runs, but doesn't move unfortunately. currently sorting out some clutch linkage issues.

Coyote

Reaction score
Really, It Does Run!

Seriously, sounds great, should hammer the dyno (I don't race dynos), magic juice clutch "issues" will be squared away shortly! It HAS to be at Columbus GG, a whole month B4 the Nats! Some folks in the club (one of the host clubs at Col's GG) don't really believe he has a RR! Now they are starting to doubt me too!:drama:

quikbird

Reaction score
Part of the fun, it never stops, usually at least once a week we are in one of our garages working on something and the side commentary just keeps on going. For anyone who stops in to visit we take a little getting used to, but all are included in the fun. Granted a few just shake their heads, but they just have an underdeveloped sense of humor to sarcasm. :victorious:

Back