• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tranny gasket

sam z

Reaction score
Guys, my 727 leaks. It's annoying. I'm sure I'm not the only one to deal with this.
I'm confident it's the pan and not shift seal or dipstick tube. I've cleaned and watched
it carefully a few thousand times now.

Two newer products are getting good reviews. A mopar dealership product and a Moroso product.
mopar #: 2464 324AB
moroso #: 93110

They appear to be an improvement over the OEM leak-a-thon style. If there is any insight
to this please share. Thanks.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Got mine to finally stop its drip by using mopar #: 2464 324AC (the hard rubber double o-ring reusable one). You have to be sure the pan is dead flat with no bolt hole dimples. 150 inch pounds torque on the bolts.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparperf said:
I have the same problem, I snugged the pan several times, still leaks.
I'm glad I'm not the only one doing that Bill! I've also done it several times. While it's better then before I still get a few trips. Bill, will you be at the Roberts Show coming up on the 9th?

roadrunner69

Reaction score
Well I looked for leaks on mine and it looked good. Then I realized I had a 4 sp. Sorry.

Anyways, when I ran autos what I did seemed to work but it took a day.
Make sure the holes are flat as mentioned before. Very important.
Clean pan and trans real good. Used lacquer thinner on mating surface.
I put a thin film of black RTV on the pan and gasket side to trans.
Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Installed pan tightening bolts from center out crisscross pattern.
I would let it sit overnite or a day before putting fluid in.
I also used the Felpro black rubber gasket.
This always worked good for me. I am like everyone else, hate trans leak.
I think the new dodge trucks trans uses the same gasket as the 727. IIRC its the 46R??

Hope this helps.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunner69 said:
Well I looked for leaks on mine and it looked good. Then I realized I had a 4 sp. Sorry.

:basketcase:

moparchris

Reaction score
I have a certain brand X car (that I am not allowed to talk about) that the trans leaked. It was F ing frustrating. So I bought some repop stuff I was missing for the four speed swap and swapped it over. Never leaked again, imagine that.

sam z

Reaction score
I just picked up the new style mopar gasket for the pan from a dealer. Kind of weird. I've read a lot of good about them so nothing to lose, but still weird. It's not very flexible. It seems like its metal with a rubber/plastic coating with some grooves in it. Give it a shot.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
sam z said:
I just picked up the new style mopar gasket for the pan from a dealer. Kind of weird. I've read a lot of good about them so nothing to lose, but still weird. It's not very flexible. It seems like its metal with a rubber/plastic coating with some grooves in it. Give it a shot.
Ive reused the one on my wifes Pontiac two times now with no problems. Put it on dry.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nobody's brought this up yet.......but wouldn't a tranny gasket be a condom.... :gay: :bart: :leg: :groucho:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
nobody's brought this up yet.......but wouldn't a tranny gasket be a condom.... :gay: :bart: :leg: :groucho:
It would be a Catholic condom :lmao: :lmao: ( Discloser or Fine print ) The preceding joke was told by a Catholic although not a very good one. That being said the preceding was making light of his own kind so don't go all gangsta on the author :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
roadrunner69 said:
Well since my joking comment made me a Dork!! I guess I'll go hide under a rock.

I'm gonna guess that this was just a case of a newb not recognizing a joke. Do not let that discourage you from chiming in wherever you feel like it. :cheers:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
roadrunner69 said:
Well since my joking comment made me a Dork!! I guess I'll go hide under a rock.

I'm gonna guess that this was just a case of a newb not recognizing a joke. Do not let that discourage you from chiming in wherever you feel like it. :cheers:
And your one to smooth things over :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

roadrunner69

Reaction score
Where have you been hiding, Pete? :popcorn:

Browsing. Retired Dec 2011, doing a regasket and detail of the 383 in the bird while getting rid of the 509 cam.
Took everything apart and then had a job I could not turn down fall in my lap so I guess I will have to retire again
to put it back together. Will have more time on it now since I am taking a break from racing after 40 plus yrs of it.
Been running Jr Dragsters for the last 9 yrs and son aged out. Other then that enjoying life. :banana:

Back