• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Idicator Flasher

zupanj

Reaction score
Hi guys, it has been a long time since I have been on this board. It is good to see a lot of the old names still here. I have had a lot of non-car related stuff happen this past year and I just sort of drifted away from my cars. I only put about 25 miles on my Roadrunner last year.

On that topic I took it in for inspection last fall and found that the turn signals did not work. The mechanic had a new flasher that I installed but I don't think it was intended for my car. In any event, only the emergency four way lights worked and not the turn indicators with the new flasher. I think my shop manual says that there are two flashers involved, one for the four ways and one for the turn indicators but we couldn't find a second flasher under the dash. Does anyone know how many flashers are involved, where they are and what the part numbers are? I would be grateful.

Also under the dash I pulled another item that looked like it might have been a flasher. It had a metal can that pulled off and it seemed to have a set of burned points. I think this has to do with the heater fan motor since that has also quit working. Could this be a heater motor relay and if so, do you know the part number for it?

Thanks

Jack

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yes, there are two flashers, one for the turn signals and one for the emergency flashers.

The "relay" you speak of... Was it attached to the heater box? If so, that's the resistor for the heater motor. It slows the motor down for low speeds. If it was just on the end of a wiring harness, it sounds like the missing flasher.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
zupanj said:
Also under the dash I pulled another item that looked like it might have been a flasher. It had a metal can that pulled off and it seemed to have a set of burned points. I think this has to do with the heater fan motor since that has also quit working. Could this be a heater motor relay and if so, do you know the part number for it?

Thanks

Jack

the little metal can may be the light delay relay for the ignition switch. also, if you need a blower motor resistor (totally seperate item), let me know.

zupanj

Reaction score
Mac,

You were right on it! The small can had three blades instead of two and it is the delay for the ignition light. I found both flashers, the turn signal is to the left of the steering wheel. For a few minutes I couldn't get anything to work but then I jiggled the key in the ignition and suddenly every thing worked fine. I guess I have a dead spot on the ignition switch.

Thanks everyone for your ideas.

peresvet24

Reaction score
mac said:
zupanj said:

Thanks

Jack

the little metal can may be the light delay relay for the ignition switch. also, if you need a blower motor resistor (totally seperate item), let me know.
:lmao:
hey mac you can find me 69 roadrunner?? :jester:
it sounds like a charity fund :lol: :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome back Jack. lt sucks when life gets rough. stop by just to take your mlnd off your troubles lf nothlng else.

Matrix2

Reaction score
Hi there:
I realize it's over 2 years since you posted. I am impressed by your picture. A question, where is the emergency flasher? I understand there are 2 flasher relays; if I read the schematic correctly, they are identical. Thanks.

Back