• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UN small arms treaty

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John Kerry did his part and signed it today, now its up to the senate and president and you know the president will sign it :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
King obama complains about how ineffective the U.N. is...but then has his man kerry ink on the dotted line. Typical.

zupanj

Reaction score
I am kind of surprised that this keep getting revived even though it has been shown to be false several years ago. Note in the link below that the administration specifically protected the 2nd amendment in the treaty discussions. Also note that the administration cannot enter into a treaty, that is the exclusive purview of Congress. See attached link.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jack Snopes is oudated The President signed it friday Just got an NRA Alert

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
So i'm out of the loop. What are the basic principles of this law? Something tells me I'm losing yet another right that people far wiser and more patriotic thought was a good idea?

pinkpanthr

Reaction score
So i'm out of the loop. What are the basic principles of this law? Something tells me I'm losing yet another right that people far wiser and more patriotic thought was a good idea?
Nevermind, just read the article posted above. (Suspicions confirmed) At least I can be proud that Kentucky's Senators aren't on the list. Don't know where everyone stands politically, and I usually try not to talk politics when that is the case, but that list makes me proud to be a Tea Party Republican.

zupanj

Reaction score
Jack Snopes is oudated The President signed it friday Just got an NRA Alert

I knew that and I think that was in the article. My point was that it has nothing to do with US citizens nor the 2nd amendment.

If you don't like Snopes try this

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...e-mail-says-un-treaty-would-force-us-ban-con/

My view is that the NRA has been shrilly crying wolf for the last six years to the very great benefit of the gun makers. I would be surprised if there isn't a great deal of money going their way. The NRA issues a panic ridden mailer and gun sales go through the roof. They have been saying that Obama has been after our guns for years and there is not one shred of evidence for that. If anything his gun control record is worse than Bush's. I don't understand why that strategy continues to work time after time.

Last edited:

69RRBallwinMO

Reaction score
Amen, brother.... SNOPES has bias toward the left all the time. I've seen where they've tried to couch things as FALSE when the facts prove them TRUE, and vice-versa depending on political leanings. They do it just like politicians by using wordspeak in ways that spin things to their idealistic favor. I've seen it in several global warming responses released by them, so I've stopped looking at SNOPES for this reason. I want honest, truthful analysis, not some shit-head's opinons adjusting the truth.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
We're getting political now and it's time to move it. :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They have been saying that Obama has been after our guns for years and there is not one shred of evidence for that..

You should read "At the Brink" by John Lott Jr. They were at the University of Chicago together. Our muslim brotherhood-supporting president is the most anti-gun president EVER. Chapter three is the chapter you're looking for.

Based on the fact that obamarama hasn't sued him for libel we can only assume that his writings are the gopsel truth as it relates to their direct conversations.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It's the Political forum, right?

Started in the gun section and then it got a bit more political, so I moved it.

It's hard to talk guns without talking politics these days. Sometimes you have to toss a coin for what section it should go to.... but then it falls whatever way it does and then I move it accordingly.

b-star69

Reaction score
:soap:The NRA has practically been silent until Newtown so had barack, snopes lied about Bushes military service,Barack is a democrat so he is after your guns it's in their blood,and guns are political.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well here is one for instance that I posted not long ago which by executive order as usual I can no longer buy US made firearms such as the M1 grand and carbine which I purchased this way as surplus coming back from over seas. And my brother purchases under his trust class 1 firearms also gone http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ol-measures-targets-military-surplus-imports/ Oh Fast & Furious the administration tries to use this to limit fire arm sales in the southwest until they got caught... Then there is Feinsteins bill backed by Obama but not enough support yet.

Last edited:
Back