• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

update on the hemi

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
walt my engine builder called :brickwall:

one bearing on the cam spun alittle
most of the lifter ceramic bottoms fell off when pulled
3&5 cylinder wall scored.....had to call keith black and find out how thick selves were(.100...so will be fine if has to cut .010 or .020
will find out how bad when he bores out
then new JE pistons
crank was beautiful
hasn't checked the heads yet
will see him tomorrow and drop off some cash

metalstorm

Reaction score
Good luck with all that!Ya think when you pay good $$ for that block it would be good to go.I have a KP440 from Koleno performance done by Roush racing I got through Koffels Place.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
metalstorm said:
Good luck with all that!Ya think when you pay good $$ for that block it would be good to go.I have a KP440 from Koleno performance done by Roush racing I got through Koffels Place.
i just ordered block/rotating mass/heads/etc and had my guy build it
went there today.....center cam bearing walked back.....oil pump junk but was getting 80 psi cold
builder son deals with JE pistons and going to have him check these out

http://www.jepistons.com/Articles/10112 ... stons.aspx

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Bad luck is following you George :brickwall:

First tranny and now this feel for ya.

Hope some of the venders will be there and give ya ahand on the parts.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
just found out keith black installed cam bearings.....builder said he is heating up block/freezing cam bearings and adding green lock tight....which you have seconds before it sets up....he says
ordered new milodon high volume oil pump./bolt kit/rebuild kit( o-rings/gaskets/etc...new ati super damper( was scuffing on milodon gear drive cover...i thing i had wrong one
also aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and plumping for fuel lines....and the list goes on

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
might hafta put that '69 grill on the market....... :leave: :acme: :jester:

metalstorm

Reaction score
I had a bad set of cam bearings I had to deal with with my block.The rear bearing was so tight it stuck to the cam when I pulled it out.It was a set of coated bearings that I would never use again.

george68hemirr

Reaction score
he had to remove the cam from the rear of the block.....bearing was burred up......very glad chris talked me into having it refreshed......would have sucked to keep running it and have it blow up.cam was showing wear but the ceramics on the bottom of the lifters were perfect except for ungluing :puke:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
he had to remove the cam from the rear of the block.....bearing was burred up......very glad chris talked me into having it refreshed......would have sucked to keep running it and have it blow up.cam was showing wear but the ceramics on the bottom of the lifters were perfect except for ungluing :puke:
I was just going to ask you how they fastened the ceramics to the lifter. Glue? That sounds like a red flag from day one George. Glad it didn't end up worse than it is, although it still doesn't sound too good. How are those bologna sandwiches. :lol:

Back