• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Updates and Changes to For Sale/Wanted

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hey everybody!

First, I'm going to do some long overdue updates to the software. There shouldn't be any issues, but just hang on if there are.

Second, I'm taking the For Sale Section off line for a couple days. The sole purpose of that section is to help out the people that participate and support the forum. It's not for those people that just pop in here to sell their stuff. I put a simple rule... One simple freaking rule that you at minimum post an intro and there are people that just can't/won't/don't get it.

Because of that, I'm going to make everyone post a minimum number of posts before they can even see the section, let alone post in it. The number... I haven't decided just yet, but it will be more then 10 and less then 50. I hate having to do that type of crap, but I also hate deleting ads and sending "warnings" to new members too.

Other forums have had to do the same thing so we're not alone.

The For Sale section will be back in a few days, just give me a chance to work through it.

Third, I'm going to prune some members that never posted and haven't signed on since last year. No biggie... just you'll see a decrease in numbers.

:cheers:

Big John

Reaction score
OK! We're back!

That took longer then I thought it would, but we're back online and the only thing wrong so far is we lost the new logo.

I'll get that back tomorrow night.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Thanks John for all you do for the site! I agree with the changes, it's annoying when someone comes on and their first or second post is a for sale ad.....

rkb2

Reaction score
Thanks Big John,

I agree as well, I don't mind dealing with regulars or anyone that needs help or parts. But there is a different type of person that is only on here to get a deal and the ones that are on here to B.S. and get to know each other and help each other out. Make sure you don't make the minimum post more than say... 70 something :yesnod: :lock:

Big John

Reaction score
Just to give you guys an update.

The software is updated. There shouldn't be any real changes for you guys, but I have a few more buttons I can push. One thing that I noticed is daylight savings time changes will work automatically now. This may affect your time settings, but that's not a big deal if you need to fix that in your personal profile.

I have pruned about 80 non participating members from the ranks. These are people that joined, never posted and haven't been back since last year. They won't be missed and they can always sign back up if they want. No one is banned, their accounts are just deleted. I used to do that regularly and I'm going to start doing it again.

The logo should be back tonight.

The for sale section will be back as promised in a day or two.

IF YOU GUYS NOTICE ANY PROBLEMS, PLEASE PM ME!

Thanks for your support! :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
Hey John can we prune the members with over 5000 posts? They seem to be clogging your website with their dribble. :acme:

A31PKG

Reaction score
As much as I like the good ol' logo....I kinda like this one too... Is there a T-shirt with it available?

:thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
As much as I like the good ol' logo....I kinda like this one too... Is there a T-shirt with it available?

:thumbsup:

X2 on the logo. :yesnod:

Also Big John do what ya got to do! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the work and website!!

droptop

Reaction score
moparchris said:
Hey John can we prune the members with over 5000 posts? They seem to be clogging your website with their dribble. :acme:

And the one's with Chevelle's in their avitar. :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
couldn't agree more Big. and thanks for all you do! :worship: :worship: :worship:

railrider

Reaction score
I have the same type of rules on my Bicycle Forum. I have members post 5 posts before they are allowed in this way we know them a little and what they are about. However, I added a separate Want Ad's section that allows them right in. This gives current members new blood to sell to. Might think on that also. Just a suggestion. :cheers:

Big John

Reaction score
Almost done.

I have some registration issues to work out to keep the spammers out, but we're almost there.

Back