• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

valve adjustments

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I'm safe then!
Your fine! Most of what we were talking is with solid cams. Johnny Mcmopar may have a hydraulic cam with roller rockers and he is at zero lash so there can be some noise. Your cam with non adjustable rockers is designed to have a small preload witch is fine with hydraulic lifters. Any one here ever use Rhodes lifters?

mcmopar

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Roadcuda said:
I'm safe then!
Your fine! Most of what we were talking is with solid cams. Johnny Mcmopar may have a hydraulic cam with roller rockers and he is at zero lash so there can be some noise. Your cam with non adjustable rockers is designed to have a small preload witch is fine with hydraulic lifters. Any one here ever use Rhodes lifters?
Yes, indeed I do. I run them on the loose side when cold though so that helps create a bit more noise. As everything heats up the slack is taken up. This allows for a few extra revs :thumbsup:

Back