• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanity Plate

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Big John said:
Sounds good to me too!

My plates are RM23M9A for the Roadrunner and JOHNS C4 for the C4 Vette.
Johns C4 almost sounds biblical :lol:

Let me tell ya, that car is far from biblical. Its behaving more like Christine these days. I think I got it convinced that I'm not selling it, but its still got its nose out of joint for me trying.

zupanj

Reaction score
I filled out the application today and it will go in the morning mail.
The three selections in order are:

HEMI-69
526 HEMI
HEMI-BRD

We will see what comes back.

Jack

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Big John said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="Big John":39i4cpux]Sounds good to me too!

My plates are RM23M9A for the Roadrunner and JOHNS C4 for the C4 Vette.
Johns C4 almost sounds biblical :lol:

Let me tell ya, that car is far from biblical. Its behaving more like Christine these days. I think I got it convinced that I'm not selling it, but its still got its nose out of joint for me trying.[/quote:39i4cpux]

could be. fist you try to sell it to a drunk, then the Chrysler shows up......just think how the runner will act after all this.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
zupanj said:
I filled out the application today and it will go in the morning mail.
The three selections in order are:

HEMI-69
526 HEMI
HEMI-BRD

We will see what comes back.

Jack

in new york we can do all of that online.....dont tell my wife.....she works for the post office :eek:

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
When I bought my RR in California I jumped straight on the website for plates in my home state in Australia, you can only have three numbers and three letters. Was astounded when 698EEP was still available so I orded it then and there I tried for 698IRD but it was already taken.

zupanj

Reaction score
in new york we can do all of that online.....dont tell my wife.....she works for the post office

Yea it's kind of odd we can't do that in PA. I do all of my regular car registrations online but for new plates it has to be through a state licensed agent. It hasn't been that long since you could check availability online, fill out the application and mail it in. With my Cobra I had to go through an agent but that was eight years ago.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Big John said:
My plates are RM23M9A for the Roadrunner
Currently I just have run-of-the-mill antique Florida plates on Bambi. Been thinking about what to do when I finally get to the point that the plate matters...I can run a vintage 1969 plate, but I don't really like any of the ones that I have bought thus far. If I can find a '69 plate with some form of "A12" in it, that's what I will use. Otherwise I may just go the personalized route - I doubt that anyone has "ACME A12" or "B5 A12" already in use down here...although "RM21M9A" also comes to mind now that you've mentioned yours... :popcorn:

Big John said:
and JOHNS C4 for the C4 Vette.
"JOHN'S PLASTIC EXPLOSIVE"...kinda catchy... :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[ Otherwise I may just go the personalized route -

I'll bet no one else has this one... :acme: .(and tell me you didn't see it comming.... :lmao: ).

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Basketcase said:
ACME A12 said:
[ Otherwise I may just go the personalized route -

I'll bet no one else has this one... :acme: .(and tell me you didn't see it comming.... :lmao: ).
Dave has a point :lol:

And Flor-i-duh lets you have seven letters..."FRENCHS"... :lol:

Not going to happen however as I don't want to have to explain where it comes from 50 times a day... :crazy:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
oh I'm sure that Ohio girl would be ready and willing to let EVERYONE know about you're eating habits........ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Big John":3dp3dqf1]My plates are RM23M9A for the Roadrunner
Currently I just have run-of-the-mill antique Florida plates on Bambi. Been thinking about what to do when I finally get to the point that the plate matters...I can run a vintage 1969 plate, but I don't really like any of the ones that I have bought thus far. If I can find a '69 plate with some form of "A12" in it, that's what I will use. Otherwise I may just go the personalized route - I doubt that anyone has "ACME A12" or "B5 A12" already in use down here...although "RM21M9A" also comes to mind now that you've mentioned yours... :popcorn:

Big John said:
and JOHNS C4 for the C4 Vette.
"JOHN'S PLASTIC EXPLOSIVE"...kinda catchy... :lol:

:jester:[/quote:3dp3dqf1]

I have ordered vanity plates before with random letters and numbers just so I can register a black plate that is correct for the era. When the new plates arrive, I just throw'em into the file and put the black plates on the car. Does anyone know of a reproduction plate maker? I say scrambler random numbers and letters and end up with something like Bob has then have a repro plate made in vintage colors and font. Whew! The crap I go through just for a stupid license plate.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Does anyone know of a reproduction plate maker?

I'm gonna guess that in most state (if not all) that is not a legal enterprise...

CWR

Reaction score
We can register "Year of Manufacture plates" A friend gave me a set of 1969 plates which by coincidence have 69 as the middle numbers. I had to prove they were not in use by someone then for $235 I registered my own plates. Nice BLUE with white lettering

Roadcuda

Reaction score
CWR said:
We can register "Year of Manufacture plates" A friend gave me a set of 1969 plates which by coincidence have 69 as the middle numbers. I had to prove they were not in use by someone then for $235 I registered my own plates. Nice BLUE with white lettering

We can do that here in CT also. Though they aren't real picky as to how close the plate number is the the year of the car. The plate on my car was first issued around 1940. I know that because the plate on mt PT is the one my father got on his first car around that time, and is starts with VE. We do have to have a regular Historical plate registration at $85 for two years, but there is no charge to add the "Year of Manufacture plate" to the car, and the DMV checks to make sure that the plate is not in use. I hope that $235 you paid is a lifetime fee, or at least for more then a few years!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
CWR said:

We can do that here in CT also. Though they aren't real picky as to how close the plate number is the the year of the car. The plate on my car was first issued around 1940. I know that because the plate on mt PT is the one my father got on his first car around that time, and is starts with VE. We do have to have a regular Historical plate registration at $85 for two years, but there is no charge to add the "Year of Manufacture plate" to the car, and the DMV checks to make sure that the plate is not in use. I hope that $235 you paid is a lifetime fee, or at least for more then a few years!
You can do the same here but in 69 they were yellow with black lettering, not real nice looking. I have a set of maroon plates from one of our old cars that matched my truck so I registered them to the truck not knowing that they have a meaning. FED-999 so it looks like a federal plate or some thing and 999 means officer needs help urgently. :lol:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
:popcorn:

This is interesting. Keep it going please.

999 means officer down. Former spouse was and is in law enforcement. I'll be nice.....nice plate Bob. I'd like to borrow it sometime. :devil:

No plans on going postal as in the long run she did me a favor.

Vanity plates are different from Antique plates here is Illinois.

I could use some suggestions for a semi-morphed H code car in green.

Be nice!!

Back