• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We have lift-off

6R9Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs up.

Has anyone replaced the 2-speed wiper motor with one of the "flush-mount" type required for the oval air cleaner? Do I need a new switch too? Ok now I'll check the schematics and try to answer my own question...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should we interpret this to mean that you scored the "A12 Four-Barrel" air cleaner???

Yes there is a different switch. All of the wiring should be in place from the factory for either switch. In addition to the switch and motor you will also need a different linkage cam.

Passion4mopars has eveything you need and their website says the following:
"If you are doing a 2 to 3 speed conversion on a 68-70 B Body application, you will have to replace the wiper motor crank with part #2822273, 3 speed bushing part #2580200, and a 3 speed switch part #2864014. The rest of the linkage, wiring etc remains the same."

Here's their website:
http://passion4mopars-moparbodystyles.blogspot.com/

Hope this helps.

Ray

John69RR

Reaction score
Kim, Passion 4 Mopars, rebuilt my 3 speed and did a good job. Very knowledgeable. She is a member here but have not seen her post in awhile. The hood looks great.

6R9Runner

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Should we interpret this to mean that you scored the "A12 Four-Barrel" air cleaner???

Yes there is a different switch. All of the wiring should be in place from the factory for either switch. In addition to the switch and motor you will also need a different linkage cam...

Ray
Thanks for the excellent information- it looks like I need to sort out the wiper motor situation first.

G

John69RR said:
Kim, Passion 4 Mopars, rebuilt my 3 speed and did a good job. Very knowledgeable. She is a member here but have not seen her post in awhile. The hood looks great.

Awwww I'm around, just quiet lately :grouphug:

Back