• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weekend project

Roadcuda

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
mjoyner408 said:
are those 12 packs of coke on the shelf?

those are train tracks
First off on that motor, WOW. I can't quite tell, is it a 440, or 383? And you say those boxes are train tracks? The only tracks I know of that need a box that big are G scale, LGB. Are you a garden model railroader? I'm an N scaler.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
coyotekiller said:
mjoyner408 said:
are those 12 packs of coke on the shelf?

those are train tracks
First off on that motor, WOW. I can't quite tell, is it a 440, or 383? And you say those boxes are train tracks? The only tracks I know of that need a box that big are G scale, LGB. Are you a garden model railroader? I'm an N scaler.

the motor is a 440 bored to 451. before I hurt the motor in aug. I ran an 11.6 1/4.
as for the tracks they are not mine. the car is in a friends garage right now because I can't work on the car in my garage because the car barely fits in it so I can't do the motor in mine.
the tracks are LGB.

hotrod98

Reaction score
Great looking car.
Where do you run your car and in what class?
What all have you done to the motor?

I've raced super pro dragsters for over 25 years and I'm now collecting parts to build a 70 cuda to run in super street 1/8 mile. Slow, slow, slow.
I plan to have a friend of mine build my 383. He builds super stock motors for NHRA cars. He says that he can build an almost bullet proof 383 for me. I'm slowing down in my old age and I don't have the time or money to be maintaining them like I used to.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
Great looking car.
Where do you run your car and in what class?
What all have you done to the motor?

I've raced super pro dragsters for over 25 years and I'm now collecting parts to build a 70 cuda to run in super street 1/8 mile. Slow, slow, slow.
I plan to have a friend of mine build my 383. He builds super stock motors for NHRA cars. He says that he can build an almost bullet proof 383 for me. I'm slowing down in my old age and I don't have the time or money to be maintaining them like I used to.

I don't race in a class. I just do test and tune. I ran at island raceway in new jersey.
the engine is bored 60 over with je pistons, isky roller cam 640 lift 260 duration. eagle h beam rods, crane roller rockers, demon 850 carb, and I will be installing a 125 shot of nitrous this weekend.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
WOW NICE RUNNER....island dragway...i was there a couple of times...cool track....are they still in the corn field??

coyotekiller

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
WOW NICE RUNNER....island dragway...i was there a couple of times...cool track....are they still in the corn field??

I did not notice a corn field. But that does not mean its not there.

hotrod98

Reaction score
That's my plan with this cuda. I want to do mostly testing and tuning. No stress, just having fun driving. I want it set up for the Super Steet class just in case I get the urge to enter occasionally. I said that I wouldn't race any more when I sold the last dragster.
I sold my B5 blue 69 Superbee to a guy in New Jersey last summer. He takes it out to the drags occasionally. I think he goes over to E-town, not totally positive. He may join the forum eventually under the name bigblocksam.

Have you ever heard of stroking a 383 with a 440 crank? While I've owned numerous mopars over the years, I've always raced chevy motors due to the low cost of the good parts and don't know much about building mopar race motors.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
hotrod98 said:
That's my plan with this cuda. I want to do mostly testing and tuning. No stress, just having fun driving. I want it set up for the Super Steet class just in case I get the urge to enter occasionally. I said that I wouldn't race any more when I sold the last dragster.
I sold my B5 blue 69 Superbee to a guy in New Jersey last summer. He takes it out to the drags occasionally. I think he goes over to E-town, not totally positive. He may join the forum eventually under the name bigblocksam.

Have you ever heard of stroking a 383 with a 440 crank? While I've owned numerous mopars over the years, I've always raced chevy motors due to the low cost of the good parts and don't know much about building mopar race motors.

I do not know of anybody stroking a 383 with a 440 crank. I do not know alot of people with mopars though. whem I go to local car shows I feel very alone because most cars are chevy and fords. and boy do I hate mustangs!!

toms69rr

Reaction score
They use to do that back in the day before stroker kits came out.
They would use a 440 crank and off set grind them 3/8 of an inch,I think they use 400 rods I can't really remember then 383 pistons and would be a 421 or 432 CI.
I would have to go back through some old build books to be sure

Tom

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
toms69rr said:
They use to do that back in the day before stroker kits came out.
They would use a 440 crank and off set grind them 3/8 of an inch,I think they use 400 rods I can't really remember then 383 pistons and would be a 421 or 432 CI.
I would have to go back through some old build books to be sure

Tom

I think they used Chevy rods in some of those builds.

Back