• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weekend project

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
toms69rr said:
You are right John
They used those for the bigger pins,hate getting old I am getting a case of CRS
Cold Rolled Steel :huh:

Yea, I think that's what he means... but I can't remember.

Big John

Reaction score
Oh wait....

Nope... that's not it...

Big John

Reaction score
What were we talking about again?

hotrod98

Reaction score
I do remember them using the Chevy rods back in the day now that you mention it, but I'll bet that nowadays you can get a set of mopar rods for the same price. I always used Chevy motors in my dragsters due to the high cost of mopar race parts. The similar parts in the mopar versions would always be twice as expensive, maybe more. That's not necessarily the case anymore. No more Chevy motors for me. I gave all of that stuff to my son when I sold the last dragster.
Now I'm building the 383 for my cuda. I just want it to be reliable and consistent.

Big John

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Big John said:
moparstuart said:
pull the trans and put new rear main in it .

Why pull the trans?
well unbolt it and slide it and the converter back , we wont pull it completely

I can't see any reason to do that. Even if you were to drop the crank down by loosening the main caps, you should be able to slide the convertor back far enough.

If you're not dropping the crank down the trans isn't in the way at all.

coyotekiller

Reaction score
I pulled my engine out. it's easy enough to pull. and this way I don't have to lay on my back!

moparstuart

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
I pulled my engine out. it's easy enough to pull. and this way I don't have to lay on my back!
my engine is a real PITA to pull that nose is hard to work around . Last two times we pulled the motor we put the rear end up in the air and the nose on the ground . It worked alot better ,but still a pain .

coyotekiller

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
coyotekiller said:
my engine is a real PITA to pull that nose is hard to work around . Last two times we pulled the motor we put the rear end up in the air and the nose on the ground . It worked alot better ,but still a pain .

are you going to carlisle with your car this year? I would really like to see your car. it looks really nice in the pictures

moparstuart

Reaction score
coyotekiller said:
moparstuart said:
coyotekiller said:

are you going to carlisle with your car this year? I would really like to see your car. it looks really nice in the pictures
no plans for carlisle this year
should be at
mopars in the park ( minnesota) end of may
winged warroris national meet in virginia june
monster mopar in st louis in sept.
Aero warriors reunion in talledega in november for the nascar race
save my money for those events only this year

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
coyotekiller said:

Good news , even though I felt around the oil sender ruling it out for the leak . We got the car up on the lift and the rear main seal was dry. So we ran the car and the new sending unit was bad and jetting oil out on the fire wall . So the base of the sender where i was felling was still dry . easy fix :wave: Never seen on project it out that fast i guess we have really good oil pressure :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Back