• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are............

Jim S.

Reaction score
the nuts called that hold the "Plymouth" nameplate to the front of the hood? Speed nuts? Capture nuts? I don't even know what to google.........

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
the nuts called that hold the "Plymouth" nameplate to the front of the hood? Speed nuts? Capture nuts? I don't even know what to google.........
My body guy calls them speed nuts :huh:

a6t9vette

Reaction score
Ditto for Speed Nuts.....

You should be able to pick up at auto parts stores like Autozone, although they didnt have them like they were suppose to when I went looking for them. Luckly for me when I bought some RR parts off a local guy I bought a leftover box of nuts and bolts from his 69 Hemi Restoration, cant tell how many times I have found the nut/bolt/other that I was looking for in that box....

Jim S.

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
BBillyC said:
I've seen them in autobody supply places in small plastic packs.
they are used many places in the car , especially in the dash assemble
Yeah forgot about the dash. You are correct sir. I think they are also the same size. Going to strap on the snow shoes and venture out and try to find a couple handfuls of them. Thanks

V269

Reaction score
Yep you are all right, speed nut's. I picked up all kind's of them at my local Chrysler/Plymouth dealership.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
mac said:
remember seeing them at napa.
Found some at O'reilly's auto parts. They called them "thread cutting nuts". Hanging on one of those spinning displays in a blister pack.
I have called them &$%#$@#% post breaking nuts also :toetap:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
mac said:
remember seeing them at napa.
Found some at O'reilly's auto parts. They called them "thread cutting nuts". Hanging on one of those spinning displays in a blister pack.
I have called them &$%#$@#% post breaking nuts also :toetap:

We B5 guys have similar experiences and names for these little day-wrecking bastards... :lol:

Back