• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What color is the hood insert screens

nicanor

Reaction score
The car is being painted R4 performance red and I'm painting the black stripes on the hood/fender. The inserts themselves are black but the screens for the R4 color seems to be some kind of orange or red by looking at the pictures. What color are the screens painted?

Thank you,
Barry

A31PKG

Reaction score
Non-N96 plates are satin black, N96 screens are reddish... the bezels are painted same as surrounding color, either body color or the same satin/flat black of the perf. hood paint stripes.

Jim S.

Reaction score
Pretty sure the ones I bought 10 years ago had original paint on them. That doesn't mean they were all the same, different vendors, paint, etc. Mine were R4 red but flat paint. When I re-painted them I had to add some flattening agent to the R4 basecoat to get them to match what I figured was close to what was originally on there.

droptop

Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Pretty sure the ones I bought 10 years ago had original paint on them. That doesn't mean they were all the same, different vendors, paint, etc. Mine were R4 red but flat paint. When I re-painted them I had to add some flattening agent to the R4 basecoat to get them to match what I figured was close to what was originally on there.

x2

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
These are the real deal from my car, were some black? maybe on a red car they might have been. Mine was blue and then painted silver over the emblems and everything so there is a hint of silver on them also.

road runner 443 (Medium).jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
These are the real deal from my car, were some black? maybe on a red car they might have been. Mine was blue and then painted silver over the emblems and everything so there is a hint of silver on them also.

Hard to find a good hand model these days... :lmao:

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Hard to find a good hand model these days... :lmao:
Where's Stuart! :basketcase:

Back