• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what color paint for inside the engine compartment where the

nicanor

Reaction score
Guess I'm getting ahead of myself, but what color is the frame work the radiator is mounted to? The engine compartment is R4. So would the inside of the frame of the radiator mount be R4?

On the flip side, what color should be on the forward part of the radiator frame and the whole area between the back of the headlights and the radiator frame (currently black)?

When painting the two wide black stripes on the hood, I notice you go all the way to the permanent vent near the windshield so it covers a good portion of both fenders. Do you also paint the water gutters just under the hood but part of the fender where the gasket should be installed or is it R4?

I know you can paint it whatever color you want, but how would it have been painted originally if the car was painted R4?

Thanks,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Re: what color paint for inside the engine compartment where

Everything is body color under the hood and including the radiator support. Then you use flat black on the front as seen in this pic. I will defer on the hood stripes to someone else.

1197238179_150_FT6837_69rrradsupport.jpg

Jim S.

Reaction score

[attachment=0:1nlbyjbl]stripes2.jpg[/attachment:1nlbyjbl][attachment=1:1nlbyjbl]stripes1.jpg[/attachment:1nlbyjbl]All the original V21 hood stripes I've seen have the gap between the hood and fenders painted black (organisol) also, even the edges of the hood all the way around. I re-did mine awhile back. There should be a couple of pics showing the hood open and there you can see how the black is painted on the fenders. The black also goes all the way under the windshield trim. Here is a link to that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1753

People tend to paint them a little different. Here the red one does not continue the black on the fenders as far as mine, while the blue on does. Lot of pics out there on the web to look at..

stripes1.jpg

stripes2.jpg

glhcarl

Reaction score

You want just enough flat black paint applied so that you don't see body color through the grill.

Back