• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the interior trim under the pop out window called

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So here is a pic. of it. Looking through myIMG_0101 (2).JPG screw pack want to use the rite one's. Think the one in the front upper and the back upper should be plated. The bottom probably not. Any help would be grate Russ.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
The screws that are on the upper part are plated, cant remember about the lower

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The other question is when mounting it their seems to be a gap at the door jam is their a piece of rubber that goes their to close the gap. May be the wind lace dose that. Any one have an answer would love to here it. Russ.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chrome screws in the front and rear upper holes. Little short screws (plated or un-plated, doesn't matter, you cant see them) to attach the panel shown above and the trim strip (stainless w/ A87, painted w/ non-A87) that the rear, vinyl covered cardboard trim panel slides up into. Plastic sheeting goes between the body and the cardboard panel to prevent moisture damage. Performance Car Graphics sells an entire kit for this including the adhesive strip to attach the plastic.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
The wind lace will go under that piece at the door jamb

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The screws that are on the upper part are plated, cant remember about the lower
I thought so. The slip with the screw pack is a little bit much to be desired. Think I can call the guy's at part's mix where I got them and maybe he can help me out on the rest. I have the chrome trim the panel slides into for the doors and the back seat area. Think I am getting tired. Have done so much on this car that I am exhausted trying to figure thing's out. Thanks for the help.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Chrome screws in the front and rear upper holes. Little short screws (plated or un-plated, doesn't matter, you cant see them) to attach the panel shown above and the trim strip (stainless w/ A87, painted w/ non-A87) that the rear, vinyl covered cardboard trim panel slides up into. Plastic sheeting goes between the body and the cardboard panel to prevent moisture damage. Performance Car Graphics sells an entire kit for this including the adhesive strip to attach the plastic.
Thanks ACME A12. Noticed the old Plastic shield had glue on it. Now have both side's. I must be getting tired of trying to figure it all out. Getting close to the end now. So I think. The rest should be a breeze. Sounds like you are getting you car done also. Maybe it won't be long and it will be on the road.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think I have been on this restoration too long. Starting to get to me. May take a day off and mow the yard and then come back. Thing's have to get better. Russ.

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Don’t get discouraged Russ. You’ve already hit too many of the big hurdles to let it get to you. You’re at the point now where it will really start looking like a complete car and you’ll have her up and running in no time. Once you get the engine in and running, then you can start on the fun stuff that goes quicker and makes more of an impression. Hell, take this week off from the RR, relax a bit, and hit it again next week. She ain’t going anywhere and you’ve come too far to quit now. :thumbsup:

Big Mo

Reaction score
Think I have been on this restoration too long. Starting to get to me. May take a day off and mow the yard and then come back. Thing's have to get better. Russ.
Keep cool Russ. You have worked so hard for so long and have come so far a beer or two and think of the pride you will feel driving the car that you restored. Your friend Big Mo.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Big Mo. I am running out of gas. But trying to keep it together and looking at other thing's to do on the car to keep my interest. I feel Like Rocky round 13 and don't throw in the towel MICK. Yes may be have a beer and take a deep breath. :beep:

Back