• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What things have you found in your cars?

MadBird69

Reaction score
Found this in the trunk. Cleaned it up, and it gets worn proudly during those cooler days. RRjacket.jpg

RRjacket.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
PO is a real estate agent (or maybe broker). It was a very old check made out to him and I suspect it was an earnest money check that was never cashed. I shredded it at his request.

DirtyBird

Reaction score
These weren't "in" the car but when we took the breaks off we saw both these bird and wasp nests:

IMG_3904.jpgIMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3904.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

greenpeas

Reaction score
I stripped a fender once and underneath copious amounts of bondo I found rust holes that had been patched with aluminum foil and RTV.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I bought my present car in '83, sold it in '88 and got it back in 2000. Back story goes like this. While living in Ft. Wayne, IN back in the 78 I bought a set of 5 RWL Kelly Springfield bias ply 225-70-14 tires for my first road runner. Got married in '80 and moved to Orlando in '81. Drove the Kelly's to death and bought another set of 4 tires but kept the spare Kelly in the trunk. That car rusted out down here and I parted it out in '83 after buying my present bird. I moved the spare Kelly into the trunk of my present car and drove it until '88 when I sold it. It went up to Stratford CT and bounced around to NY and then back to CT before winding up in Henderson NV where I found it (with the help of a friend...) in 2000. I contacted the owner and he agreed to sell the car to me for 8k. When I got it back and I looked in the glove box there were items in there that I had left in there when I sold it back in '88! But the biggest surprise of all was when I popped the trunk open and there, staring up at me, was that Kelly Springfield RWL tire I had put in the trunk back in 1978! And it still looked brand new. The car had a set of Mastercraft radials on it when I got it back and I had to replace 2 of them as the bad left lower control arm bushing had eaten them up. I bought 3 in order to have a spare and had the old Kelly removed. It sure was crazy to see it still in there after 22 years.

69Hurstsc

Reaction score
My friend restored his 66 Barracuda Formula S in 1988 and found a gas receipt with a name on it. He brought it in to work to show me in the mid 2000's after having unsuccessfully finding the name on it. It took me a few years, but I tracked down the guy on the gas receipt, the original owner. He called my friend and they have been friends ever since.

The guy was attending MIT in Massachussetts and I tracked the gas receipt to a service station in Washington D.C. It was a trip he took during college in the summer of 1966.

Plymouth71

Reaction score
Lets see, in my 71 RR Tribute. I have found Hair Pins, a bracelet, a piece of Paper from a radio station with notes on it. that was all inside the car. In the Trunk I found a complete Grant Steering Wheel kit in box. New trunk lock assembly, transmission gaskets. I guess the car was sold with some assembly required !

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
When I had the dash out of my 300, I found a broken 7/16 drill in an opening by the door jamb. The only way this could have gotten in there was when the car was built. I also found a pen from a Desoto dealership under the back seat.

IMG_4016_zpsgg5sbb3b.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool old thread.

Big, what do you think that they were using the bit for? And "drilling something" is not the answer that I am looking for... :)

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I found the birds and the bees in this one.....

upload_2017-7-7_11-59-42.png

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Very cool old thread.

Big, what do you think that they were using the bit for? And "drilling something" is not the answer that I am looking for... :)
That's a good question and I don't have a clue. Everything in that area is sheet metal and would be punched during the stamping process rather than drilled. The door hinges are right there, but the drill is too big for those. It's a good size drill to snap too... so I don't imagine it was done on some secondary or repair work. I think it was just some "screw with the customer/dealer" taken from the scrap bin in the machine shop.

Back